Modern GS buckle on vintage watches

I just got a modern buckle and was wondering if anyone else would wear it on a vintage GS.

IMG_20240623_171745.jpg IMG_20240623_165213.jpg

Reminds me of that old 60’s commercial…”Only her hairdresser will know for sure”… “Only a GS fan boy, or girl will know for sure.”

Have found modern Omega buckles are so much easier than hunting vintage 😗

So 👍👍

Personally, I prefer the correct vintage buckle. They're a pain in the ass though because they're 15mm instead of the modern 16mm, so it makes it harder to find a strap that will fit. I do believe there is an australian Ebay seller that sells modern aftermarket copies/homages (let's not get into that debate) GS buckles that are 16mm.

It's this one, though he doesn't seem to have any in store right now:
https://www.ebay.nl/itm/304724218755

But I would have no real problem using the buckle from a modern GS. A nicer alternative to the one you listed (in my opinion) would be something like this:

It5VngC.png

Another thing to make it more complicated: different vintage GS models had different buckles. The one you pictured is correct for later models, but not the 57GS and 62GS for example.

This website may earn commission from Ebay sales.
Personally, I prefer the correct vintage buckle. They're a pain in the ass though because they're 15mm instead of the modern 16mm, so it makes it harder to find a strap that will fit. I do believe there is an australian Ebay seller that sells modern aftermarket copies/homages (let's not get into that debate) GS buckles that are 16mm.

It's this one, though he doesn't seem to have any in store right now:
https://www.ebay.nl/itm/304724218755

But I would have no real problem using the buckle from a modern GS. A nicer alternative to the one you listed (in my opinion) would be something like this:

It5VngC.png

Another thing to make it more complicated: different vintage GS models had different buckles. The one you pictured is correct for later models, but not the 57GS and 62GS for example.
Thanks for the link, I will get one if possible, since I don't mind a replica buckle. It's not part of the watch itself.. and the straps are not original either if you think about it.

Btw are you sure vintage ones are not either 15 or 16mm?

Update:
I measured my KS one, it can take a strap that's around 14.6-14.8 mm.(measured with a caliper in two positions)
Edited:

This website may earn commission from Ebay sales.