Forums Latest Members
  1. Wryfox Jul 14, 2017

Having just got my own MkII a few weeks ago, I still look at what's out there from time to time, and try to learn more about the vintage vs new parts aspects.

This looks to be a fairly honest description of a MKII and is attractive, though the dial looks a bit washed out to me. They admit to new crystal, but I think this also has new hands.

Attractive start point on auction.

What say the collective wisdom of OF?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Omega-Speed...BIDX:IT&_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649#viTabs_0Purchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

Nathan1967 likes this.
  2. Jkuback Jul 14, 2017

I think Dial and hands are ok, but the case is awfully polished

Wryfox and Nathan1967 like this.
  3. yinzerniner Jul 14, 2017

Hour subdial hand looks to be of different age than the others.
    Dial seems a bit off - not sure whether it's because of photography or whether something is actually there, but looks repainted as the subdial drop seems nonexistant, while all other original MKII's I've seen exhibit a clear and sharp edge.
    Also the case is exceedingly polished down - almost unsalvageable, so you'd have to factor in a new case.
    For the price of this plus a new case you'd be better off looking on the private market.

Wryfox likes this.
  4. Wryfox Jul 14, 2017

This is hard to see for me but I think I understand...there are not sharp edges. I'll have to look at some pristine examples to see this better though. Thanks

I figure there are things I'm missing big time because there are no bids after a week gone by.

5. Wryfox Jul 14, 2017

BTW, "New aftermarket OEM Omega stainless band"

Is this just an unknowledgeable seller, or is it code for an Omega replica band?

6. yinzerniner Jul 14, 2017

Those two statements don't have to be mutually exclusive......

But for real this isn't a very good example, even for what might seem like a "bargain" price. Better off to pay more for something you love then get a bargain on a turd.

7. Jkuback Jul 14, 2017

Not pristine but you see the different case.

Not a perfect picture but you can see it.[​IMG]

Wryfox likes this.