Mistake maybe…what to do??

You are anxious because life is now out of balance. Balance will be achieved when you are eventually able to add a Speedmaster. Accept this and you will find inner peace.

Go out and get a couple of different straps, Nato/Crocodile/Sailcloth. These will transform this watch, 21mm width.

As all the others have said, keep it, it's a stunner, and down the line when you've saved up, get the Speedmaster, they will then be your ying and Yang.

Personally the SM300 is a versatile all rounder that you can literally wear and not worry. Not so with a Moonwatch.

True. Those astronauts wrote volumes about how careful they needed to be with their Speedmasters. If they sneezed wrong the crystals would fly off and the crowns would shoot out and puncture their suits.

I was going to tell you to get a Speedmaster (which I have) but after seeing yours, I now want a Seamaster 300 heritage.

The reality is that you buy a watch.

The myth is that you buy satisfaction.

Like you, I set out to buy a nice watch, not to be a “collector.” Years later, here I am, having owned who knows how many watches, some of them extravagantly expensive and truly perfect in every way and I still decided after a while (sometimes a short while) that they needed to step aside for something else. I regret every purchase; I regret every sale. I don’t plan to stop. Why? Because like many others here I’m a bottomless pit of capitalist desire for “more,” “different,” and “new,” and the world will never run out of shiny things for me to chase. You will find no wisdom here, my friend. Not from those of us who reside in this void you’re irreversibly stepping into.

You’ve been warned.
Edited:

Like you, I set out to buy a nice watch, not to be a “collector.” Years later, here I am, having owned who knows how many watches, some of them extravagantly expensive and truly perfect in every way and I still decided after a while (sometimes a short while) that they needed to step aside for something else. I regret every purchase; I regret every sale. I don’t plan to stop. Why? Because like many others here I’m a bottomless pit of capitalist desire for “more,” “different,” and “new,” and the world will never run out of shiny things for me to chase. You will find no wisdom here, my friend. Not from those of us who reside in this void you’re irreversibly step into.

You’ve been warned.

I have already had visions of this for my future. As I mentioned in my original post, I’ve done it with guns and guitars, now it’s time for watches. I have a list of “ideal collection” pieces that I’ll work to attain but will probably continuously change. I guess this Seamaster is my first step into the treacherous waters!

Stick around Omega Forums and you will soon enough be tired of seeing Speedmasters, and get that bug out of your system.

You all are right. I am going to end up with the speedmaster eventually… probably sooner than later! Best of both worlds. Then I’ll be done, right??

If they sneezed wrong the crystals would fly off and the crowns would shoot out and puncture their suits.

Isn’t this what happened to the Rolex in testing 😗

Isn’t this what happened to the Rolex in testing 😗
I think that was the Longines Wittnauer. The Rolex seconds hand warped 😁

First post here..
So I’ve been thinking about getting a nice watch for approximately the past year. About 4 months ago I started looking seriously and was instantly drawn to Omega. At first, the moon watch drew me in, but I also explored Seamasters as well. Long story short, I ended up deciding on the Seamaster 300 Heritage. Ordered it from my AD, waited 2 weeks, and have been wearing it now for just over a week. Honestly, I’m kind of flipping out thinking I should have went with the moon watch. I wanted a one and done as this will likely be my one really expensive watch. Figure maybe I’ll get a few more down the road but this will have to last me a while and would be my nicest one to pass down to my son. Im not so much concerned about water, but the 300m resistance spoke to me as a more robust durability and less worry and concern of being super careful all the time as I would like to wear it as much as possible. I like vintage reissue stuff (guitars) so was drawn to the heritage edition but I’m wondering if it’s appeal will wear off over time and if the Moonwatch is much more a standard classic. Am I crazy to already be thinking of selling this one and getting a moon watch??

Great watch, welcome to the forum! I went through a similar thought process that you did (between the Speedy and the SM300H) and went with a first gen SMH. I don't regret my decision a single bit.

Wear it for a while and see what you think!

True. Those astronauts wrote volumes about how careful they needed to be with their Speedmasters. If they sneezed wrong the crystals would fly off and the crowns would shoot out and puncture their suits.

I agree strongly with the sentiment here. The idea that a watch with a minimum 50m of water resistance needs to be babied and can't be worn in the shower is completely ridiculous. At 50 meters the watch is resisting around 5 bars of pressure. I saw a video review in which someone said "don't do anything more than wash your hands with the [moonwatch] on and definitely don't shower with it." I'm seriously curious what the heck kind of shower this person was taking, if they're worried about a moonwatch not being able to handle it.

Reality is the Speedy is tough enough for almost anybody's every day life and has water resistance to match; meanwhile the Seamaster is way more than most people will ever need in terms of water resistance.

Stick around Omega Forums and you will soon enough be tired of seeing Speedmasters, and get that bug out of your system.
or, just want one that doesn't show up as much in photos...

I was going to tell you to get a Speedmaster (which I have) but after seeing yours, I now want a Seamaster 300 heritage.
DO IT.

Like you, I set out to buy a nice watch, not to be a “collector.” Years later, here I am, having owned who knows how many watches, some of them extravagantly expensive and truly perfect in every way and I still decided after a while (sometimes a short while) that they needed to step aside for something else. I regret every purchase; I regret every sale. I don’t plan to stop. Why? Because like many others here I’m a bottomless pit of capitalist desire for “more,” “different,” and “new,” and the world will never run out of shiny things for me to chase. You will find no wisdom here, my friend. Not from those of us who reside in this void you’re irreversibly stepping into.

You’ve been warned.
This!!!

Exactly my experience also

I love the Seamaster, but reality is I can’t live without the Speedmaster. Im already figuring out my path to getting it (will probably sell a guitar or two that I don’t play much), and the wife is already aware that I’m set on getting it. Probably much sooner than later!

I love the Seamaster, but reality is I can’t live without the Speedmaster. Im already figuring out my path to getting it (will probably sell a guitar or two that I don’t play much), and the wife is already aware that I’m set on getting it. Probably much sooner than later!
Yes… welcome.
upload_2023-5-4_19-7-12.gif