Forums Latest Members

SOLD Mint Lemania 'Yachting' chronograph ref. 11019

1. eugeneandresson 'I used a hammer, a chisel, and my fingers' May 3, 2020

Hi guys

After much ummmm-ing and aaaaaa-ing, I offer my uncommon mint/almost-nos(I wore it a handful of times, and I can’t guarantee nobody wore it before me) Lemania 'Yachting Timer' with Lemania caliber 5012 the chance to move to a new home. This is in stunning original condition. This sale I will most likely regret (I mean, just look at it)...

IMG_4096.jpg

When doing some research, I found that the red/blue dial coloring on the outer track between 0 and 10 minutes was the 'yachting timer' functionality. Or something to that effect...to me its the emperors new clothes...however, I admit I do like that color combo in conjunction with the watch as a whole, and I would say my love for Omega equals that for Lemania, so it’s just a killer quirk (to me).

IMG_4090.jpg IMG_4091.jpg IMG_4092.jpg IMG_4093.jpg IMG_4094.jpg

Sorry for the out of focus pics (and yellow mobile reflection). The 38/39mm case is unscratched and factory original and in fine condition, as is the whole watch. Would happily provide more pics to anybody who refuses to take my word.

IMG_4087.jpg

Dial is as new. Tritium too, and that perfect color that everyone finds attractive (myself including).

Bezel is mint, no scratches.

IMG_4088.jpg

It does not look like it in these pics, but the hand tritium matches the dial...for some reason the white of the hands drowns it out in the images...it is not so in reality.

IMG_4095.jpg

Caseback also in mint condition.

IMG_2713.JPG

Case reference : 11019.

IMG_2712.JPG

The caliber 5012 is pristine. The only interesting thing about the movement is that (and unfortunately I do not have photos, or skills to open the caseback), the round recessed hole where the movement number and serial number sticker is stuck, has no sticker. So how can I be certain this is a 5012? Well firstly, the complications (5012 does not have 24h register), and secondly, the chronograph frequency (counting the number of 'ticks' per second)...which differs between the 2 calibers (5012 is a 21600 BPH movement (ranfft says otherwise, but I counted 6 ticks per second) and the 5100 is a 28800 BPH movement...I counted 8 ticks per second with my world timer that has a 5100).

Service history is unknown. All functions work beautifully. If this was to become a regular wearer, I would get it serviced.

IMG_4101.jpg

Lume glows strongy and fades very quickly.

IMG_4099.jpg

Comes on this black leather strap.

Based on the one picture of this watch I could find (they are honestly not common) that came with a lemania bracelet, and which looked to my eye a perfect combo, the following mint vintage NSA bracelet caught my eye, and so I will include that in the sale. All you need to do is get the correct springbars. Its clip is extremely tight...and looks to be unworn (albeit a bit dusty).

IMG_4137.jpg

(out of focus pic...apologies!)
    IMG_4136.jpg

This bracelet can be extended all the way to 19cm ... so could probably be worn by an elephant...
    IMG_4135.jpg

A stunning piece.

I am a private collector and not a dealer. This watch comes from my humble collection, which like most of you, is a result of a hobby that takes up far more time (and hard earned money!) than I would like to admit.

Sale terms and conditions. 3200 CHF (USD / EURO / GBP equivalent) wired directly to my Transferwise account. More currencies are available upon request.

The watch and I are in Switzerland, and so F2F could happen here. I will accept a wire directly to my Swiss bank account too, however that will be in CHF, and will thus cost you conversion and transfer fees. Paypal F&F will be accepted, in CHF as specified. I use Transferwise as it saves you on these fees, and is a local transaction for us both. Returns are accepted only if grossly misrepresented. You will get what you see in these pictures which are of a decent quality and high resolution, so I don't believe there is any chance of misrepresentation.

I will include shipping (plus insurance) to wherever you are in the world.

References.

I have 100% positive reviews (upon request) on other platforms too.

All criticisms about the watch are welcome.

Thanks ΩF for this space

Edited May 16, 2020
    frederico, ndgal, jmazpiazu and 33 others like this.
  2. kov Trüffelschwein. May 3, 2020

Wow, what a beautiful watch ‘Gene ! ::love::

Lovely colors, amazing condition, good luck with the sale :thumbsup:

frederico and eugeneandresson like this.
  3. eugeneandresson 'I used a hammer, a chisel, and my fingers' May 12, 2020

Almost forgot about that mint NSA bracelet I picked up specifically for this watch...it is added into the sale. OP is omended.

Seaborg and kov like this.
  4. eugeneandresson 'I used a hammer, a chisel, and my fingers' May 16, 2020

Old pic, but also killer on mesh...and price-reduction-bump...

E36C4AB0-9296-42A1-9F92-21BFA80FDB73.jpeg

pdxleaf, t3bkmzd, Sculler22 and 4 others like this.