Forums Latest Members

Minimalistic Dress Watches [inspired by Nomos Lambda]

1. Tom_Hanx Oct 14, 2014

Gentlemen, fellow members,

If price is not part of the equation, the Nomos Lambda is a killer watch in my eyes.

[​IMG]
    (image cross-linked from The Prodigal Guide)

Unfortunately, like most mortals, the price tag of almost 18k is making it hard to consider seriously in competition with others (skipping over brands and models).

I am certain there are others out there that have explored the ultra-clean, ultra-minimalistic expression of style in contemporary sizing (40mm-ish). Nomos brothers and sisters aside (Ludwig, Zurich) - what have you come across? What captured your attention enough to remember it?

Share your findings and take on the subject, pictures first ;-) Thank you

2. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Oct 14, 2014

I have a Nomos Tangente, and they do come in a 38mm size (mine is the 35). Other than that the only one that comes to mind would be the Max Bill watches. Very much minimalist styling, and reasonably priced.

Cheers, Al

Tom_Hanx likes this.
  3. ulackfocus Oct 14, 2014

Al hit the nail on the head - some of those Junghans are nice. GO makes a few bauhaus / minimalist style watches in 40 mm and larger too.

Tom_Hanx likes this.
  4. George.A Oct 15, 2014

Ok, maybe not the best option for a minimalist design (with moonphase and calendar), but Junghans does have a very clean design

[​IMG]

Tom_Hanx and bigdubnick like this.