Forums Latest Members
  1. sat968 Aug 15, 2018

Ming asked me to hold off until today to talk about this watch. I happened to read their email about availability of this watch right after it was sent and I was able to get one of the 25 that they made. I had purchased one of the 17.01's when they came out and I've been following them to see what they are doing.

The watch is titanium cased and then heat treated to create the blue finish and the resultant color is the deep cobalt color on the watch. It's a GMT watch but the time is indicated by a rotating disk rather than another hand. It comes with a couple of other bands, but I'm on the edge of them fitting with my fat wrists. I ended up getting a custom band made for my 17.01. That watch required curved ends and while the 17.03 has more room between the case and spring bar holes, it may still need a curved end band. I wish the bands would fit since they appear to be very nicely finished.

One downside is the finish may be a bit on the fragile side. A scrape against the case could go through the blued finish and expose the base gray titanium. Thus, it most likely will be a special occasion watch rather than a daily beater due to how much of a klutz I am and how hard I am on watches.

IMG_1351.JPG

2. Rman Aug 15, 2018

IMO this design works a lot better than their first offering. Very nice.

3. Greatpa Aug 19, 2018

Great write up, would gladly drool over some more shots of the Ultra Blue.. :rolleyes:

4. Braindrain Aug 19, 2018

Nice to see a real world pic of this watch. That 'ultra blue' case colouring is fantastic.

5. bizznatchers Aug 20, 2018

Very DeBethune-esque. Looks pretty cool!

6. Greatpa Aug 27, 2018

Lucky to snatch an example of the Ultra Blue. Arrived today and already loving it. Though only 38 mm in circumference, MING designed this case size to be an unisex size. MING is doing great stuff and making excellent design choices. With Ming Thein, head of the brand and photographer, this seems to be a brilliant combination. Sapped some shots (greasy fingers on the crystal, sorry):
    FullSizeRender.jpg FullSizeRender_1.jpg FullSizeRender_2.jpg FullSizeRender_3.jpg

Vasco Trancoso likes this.
  7. Waltesefalcon Aug 27, 2018

I like the finish and the use of the mystery dial for the GMT hand.

Greatpa likes this.