Forums Latest Members
  1. Modernism Nov 1, 2019

Did I imagine this or do I remember a thread on here saying the milanese scratched up the watch and made the lug holes widen after time, or that they could widen after time?

It was maybe a year or more ago after someone posted a video review of it, Was thinking about one for the PO but I suddenly remembered the very negative feedback towards them. Anyone with a better memory than me and was that thread specific to a certain brand?

2. dinexus Nov 1, 2019

...That would certainly explain why we haven't seen mesh in the line since the 2500-series Planet Oceans. Bummer, because it's a great look.

Modernism likes this.
  3. Modernism Nov 1, 2019

I do remember holding back on purchasing when I heard the lug holes took a bashing which was on that thread maybe even two years ago on here, but haven’t they given Craig a mesh now? Presumably it’s OEM, although the YouTube clip says it’s not usual one doesn’t it.

4. RARJ Nov 1, 2019

I used to wear my 2500 series one on the mesh bracelet all the time and never seemed to have this issue. I also have the mesh/sharkproof strap on a SHOM and older 120 and have never noticed this happening. Might just be me?

Modernism likes this.
  5. Modernism Nov 1, 2019

Is it an OEM or one of the 3rd party?

6. RARJ Feb 15, 2020

Sorry for the slow reply. It was an OEM.

Never had a single issue with it. In fact I just inspected my 200M (SHOM) and my 2500 PO as they both came back from servicing in Dec. Lug holes look totally normal.

Must have been a rumor. Hands down one of the most (if not the most) comfortable straps I've ever owned.

7. KeithS Feb 15, 2020

pictures please

8. bama2141 Feb 15, 2020

I’ve been wearing my Speedmaster MkII and MkIV with their straight end bracelets for years with no apparent damage. I’d suspect that the straight end mesh would be similar unless the ends were poorly finished.