Forums Latest Members

SOLD Mido Multifort - Stainless Steel - 31 mm - bumper - $140

1. Olhenry56 Jan 31, 2023

[​IMG]

Thanks for taking a look. (Sorry for anyone who looked at my first attempt and saw a bunch of broken photos. First sales post hiccups.)
    I'm selling this little Mido and bracelet for $140 plus shipping.

Photos - I've done my best to photograph the watch honestly. The photos of the movement are from about a year ago. If you'd like more detailed photos of any part of the watch, just let me know. For reference, my wrist (pictured) measures about 17.5 cm.

Dial, Hands, and Crystal - There is fairly even patina on the dial with many tiny freckles and a few slightly larger spots (mostly between 3 and 6 near the numerals). The lume on the dial and hands has aged pretty evenly. I'm not an expert on this (or any) watch, but I believe the hands, which are in good shape, are correct (original in my opinion). The crystal has very small scratches that cast slight shadows on the dial in direct light. I believe they should buff out nicely, but it might take just a little more than just Polywatch, which I've already applied.

Case - Stainless steel. Approximately 31 mm diameter excluding the crown. Lug width is 16 mm.
    I don't know if the case has been polished - your judgment is likely better than mine. If not polished, then the lugs at least seem a bit worn. The original brushing on the sides of the case are still present, and the bezel retains its chamfer. There are many light scratches. I believe the unsigned crown is correct.

Movement - Mido 0917 bumper.
    According to Ranfft, these were made from 1935 to 1954. Based on the design of the watch, I would guess that it is from the 1950's.
    The movement works well. I haven't worn it in a while, but it kept good enough time during the few weeks that I wore it that I don't recall having to correct it except maybe once a week. For what it's worth, my mobile app that measures watch accuracy says that it's running at +2 seconds per day, but that's only dial up and with a partial wind. The bumper works well and I never had to wind it if I wore it for consecutive days. I don't see any signs of rotor wear or any other obvious problems. That said, I don't know the service history, so a service is recommended before regular extended use.

Bracelet - Stainless steel mesh. The clasp is marked Forstner Komfit. I have not been able to find an exact match for this bracelet online, but it looks all original to me. It is comfortable, adjustable to between 13 cm and 25 cm, and the clasp works well. If you'd rather not use the bracelet, I'm happy to entertain reasonable offers for the head only My 4-year-old told me yesterday he likes the bracelet, so I'm sure he'd be happy if I kept it :)

Payment - The price is 140 USD plus the cost of shipping (shipping preferences to be discussed via PM). I would like payment through PayPal FF. I am willing to consider requests for other methods of payment from well-established forum members who participate regularly.

References - This is my first attempt to sell on this forum. I have purchased a few watches. The transactions were all smooth, but I have only one reference (I think some sellers maybe didn't bother leaving me reviews for smaller purchases). But I can request that those sellers reach out to you to vouch for me if you'd like.
    https://omegaforums.net/threads/olhenry56-is-a-great-buyer.144698/

Thanks for reading, and thanks so much to the OF staff for this platform.

-Joseph

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. JwRosenthal Jan 31, 2023

Bargain!

Olhenry56 likes this.
  3. YYTIN Jan 31, 2023

Nice !! GLWS … even though you won’t need luck on that one ;-)

Olhenry56 likes this.
  4. RevZMan123 Jan 31, 2023

I love these little guys and have 3 or 4 already. Great dial for sure. GLWS! (walk away slowly ...............)

JwRosenthal, Olhenry56 and Thommas like this.
  5. Keith88lx Jan 31, 2023

I snooze and I lose. Damn what a deal

Duracuir1 likes this.
  6. Duracuir1 Never Used A Kodak Jan 31, 2023

I thought about texting you Keith… next time.

Keith88lx likes this.