Forums Latest Members

Metal Back Case for the Co-Axial Moonwatch Chrono?

1. ras47 May 26, 2017

It's early for lots of accessories for the 44.25mm co-axial Speedmasters, but I'd like an all-metal replacement back for my Speedy Co-Axial. Especially if it would lower the watch's profile a little. I prefer the look of the metal back vs the display crystal back. It's an extremely minor thing, especially since the back is hidden when the watch is worn. I looked at Ofrei and naturally there was nothing for any of the modern Speedmasters. Just wondering if anybody has seen such a thing.

2. akshayluc420 May 28, 2017

Hi Ras, given that Omega has invested so much in developing their in-house movements and they are adamant about showing it off, I doubt they have produced any closed case-backs for those movements. Even their new Ploprof 1200m has a sapphire display-back! It's something that has caused many an watch-lover much consternation, especially as the glass significantly bulks up the watch to ensure it's waterproofness.

Your best bet would perhaps be to check if the case-back of the Seamaster 300 Chrono would fit, though I wouldn't bet on it. Maybe you might have to get one made?

ras47 likes this.
  3. ras47 May 29, 2017

That's what I figured. I'd probably get one made. I have a buddy with a machine shop who does highly detailed work on a Swiss CNC machine. Or I can just live with the glass back. My primary reason for looking into metal backs is the bulk of the glass. If I could make my Speedy sit just a little lower on my wrist I'd be a happy camper. Ever so slightly happier. :)