Forums Latest Members
  1. Alex Cheers Dec 31, 2020

Hello together,
    I have finally found some time to join the OF and to introduce me and my watches :)
    My name is Alex and I am from Germany. I have spent a lot of time here in the last months and not only gathered a lot of useful information but also got entertained quite good.

So what's my story? I have always liked proper watches but it was just this year that I remembered that and also noticed I can afford one :D

To be honest I never had Omega on my radar. I knew that they existed but didn't know anything about them and thought they are not at all special.
    So I first looked for a Tag Heuer Monaco since I like Steve McQueen and also cars, racing and motorcycles (I have two Triumphs). But somehow it didn't click. Something similar for Zenith but I do hope that I will have a nice El Primero at some point in the future.
    Then I read in a magazine something about the Speedmaster, moon landing and 50th anniversaries and got interested… well I got hooked :D
    I bought "A Moon Watch Story" and noticed that I definitely needed some Speedmasters! I also bought MWO and some books about space race and Apollo history… great stuff!

So the first watch I got myself was the Speedmaster 125.
    Speedmaster 125.JPG

I like it very much and also learned my first lessons with vintage watches… currently the bracelet is broken and I can't wear it but the new bracelet should arrive at my AD soon.

As a second watch I treated myself with a new Hesalite Moonwatch. I had it on my wrist when I visited the Omega Museum in Biel :)
    Moonwatch 01.JPG

Since I didn't like the original bracelet very much I changed it to a new 1171/633 bracelet and I am very happy with that.
    Moonwatch 1171.JPG

As next watch I added a Speedmaster Mark II from 1970, after all I do want to have vintage Speedmasters! And with the Mark II I got a not only a nice vintage watch, it also has the copper colored 861 in it which I find very cool.
    Mark II 01.JPG
    Mark II 02.JPG

Out of the line I then got as last watch (for this year of course) a Seamaster Electric Blue. I was looking to add a waterproof, robust watch and liked the blue very much.
    Seamaster.JPG

So that's it for now, happy new year to everyone!

PhotonX, Om3ga321, Neyra and 20 others like this.
  2. mountainunder Dec 31, 2020

Hi Alex, nice to meet you.
    Welcome to the Omega Forum.
    It's a nice watch.
    Best wishes for 2021.:)

Alex Cheers likes this.
  3. janice&fred Dec 31, 2020

Nice bunch of watches you got there. My favorites are the last two pictured. :thumbsup:

Alex Cheers likes this.
  4. FREDMAYCOIN Dec 31, 2020

Hi Alex, very nice introduction and welcome to the madness.

Alex Cheers likes this.
  5. Alex Cheers Dec 31, 2020

:D thank you ::psy::

6. Rudi99 Dec 31, 2020

Hi Alex and welcome. Your Mark II is my favorite of yours, really nice movement view indeed.

Liebe Grüße aus Berlin!

Rudi

Alex Cheers likes this.
  7. kimjmoon Dec 31, 2020

I used to own an Electric Blue.... Sadly, I'm looking to buy another... Its the one that got away :)

Alex Cheers likes this.
  8. Alex Cheers Dec 31, 2020

Danke und guten Rutsch!

9. Alex Cheers Dec 31, 2020

Too sad but good luck with the hunt for another watch!

Edited Dec 31, 2020
  10. Marsimaxam Dec 31, 2020

Welcome to the Forum Alex. Great watches and I like the 1171 bracelet better too.

What part of Germany are you from? Curious, as I have always enjoyed my travels to your country. Most recently, 2018, I was in Berlin, Hamburg, and Lubek. My Grandfather was from the capital city of Prussia, Konigsberg, which is no longer part of Germany.
    Greetings from Los Angeles and wishing you a very Happy New Year.

Alex Cheers likes this.
  11. Jonathan40 Dec 31, 2020

Welcome Alex, that is quite enough showing off for 1 year :) , we look forward to seeing what you bring to the party in 2021.
    Nice job well done
    Regards
    Jon

Alex Cheers likes this.
  12. amcclell Dec 31, 2020

Welcome to the forum, Alex. Your collection is off to an excellent start.

Alex Cheers likes this.
  13. Darlinboy Pratts! Will I B******S!!! Dec 31, 2020

Brief introduction including history & motivation - :)
    Multiple photos of great watches - :)
    No stupid questions - :):):):)

@Alex Cheers - Welcome! ::psy::

Alex Cheers likes this.
  14. Alex Cheers Dec 31, 2020

Hello Marsimaxam and thank you for the warm welcome!
    So do you still have private connections to Germany or is it business related?
    I am more from the south of Germany, do you know Stuttgart?
    Actually, my now wife and I have been to Los Angeles in 2019 and totally enjoyed it :)
    Happy new year!

15. Alex Cheers Dec 31, 2020

Hello Jon and thank you very much :) Well for 2021 I can imagine a lot of watches but let's see what will be possible.. there are plenty on my wish list.... Obviously I am still missing a vintage Moonwatch with some nice patina... Also I am dreaming of calibre 321... Snoopy is also an issue :) I guess a lot of potential for the years to come :whistling:

16. Alex Cheers Dec 31, 2020

Thank you for your kind words!

17. Alex Cheers Dec 31, 2020

Haha! :cool: thank you, I keep the stupid questions for later :D:D:D

Darlinboy likes this.
  18. Marsimaxam Dec 31, 2020

My trips to Germany were for pleasure. Yes, I’m familiar with Stuttgart, but, haven’t spent much time in the city. My Grandfather’s family originated from Bavaria and migrated to Konigsberg.

Glad you enjoyed LA, but, my favorite city on the West Coast is San Francisco.

Happy New Year

Alex Cheers likes this.
  19. alefar Dec 31, 2020

Welcome! And what a lovely collection you managed to get yourself in 1 year!

Alex Cheers likes this.