Forums Latest Members

Maybe a silly question but....

1. Matt-C Jan 27, 2015

Can the frequent and repeated changing of bracelet to strap and vice versa cause damage to the case lug holes.

I'm specifically thinking that everytime you 'wiggle' a strap to get the spring bars to 'click' into place that the edge of the hole can potentially get elongated given the spring bar tension. Can you ever reach a point where the fit becomes insecure?

I guess this is possible on solid gold cases but what about modern stainless cases?

2. SeanO Jan 27, 2015

I can't see a SS case being damaged by a spring bar unless you've used a pick of some sort to either force it into place or hack it out of the slot.

spring bars are obviously consumables so you'd have to think they're a softer grade of material to the case.

3. Darlinboy Pratts! Will I B******S!!! Jan 27, 2015

Anything, even stainless steel, will wear away with friction and time. So, over the course of decades of wear and use some erosion of the lug holes will happen. Can't see that strap changes would result in any significant issues or be a cause for concern.

4. rahul718 Jun 5, 2021

Was searching for this exact question so sorry for the reviving an old thread. Curious what more people thought. If using the right tools for the job would this even be a concern (springbar tension on the edge of the lug hole as it’s dropping into place)?

5. JohnWoo Jun 6, 2021

I change between wrist band types/styles but never worried about the possibility of case/lugs wear.
    The way I see it is that you not switching bands daily or several times a day or even weekly, so not a problem.
    As said previously, if your using the correct spring bar tool carefully, all should be ok.

rahul718 likes this.