Forums Latest Members

May I ask for your opinion about this Constellation

1. Bobsindonesia Aug 17, 2016

Dear all,

I am new to vintage watch and currently interested with watches, especially Omega brand.
    14714114671431619325500.jpg 1471411521686-177734238.jpg
    May I know your opinion regarding this Conny which have been offered to me for about usd 200.

Thank you all

2. Bobsindonesia Aug 17, 2016

PS.
    It is not in my hand yet, but from the logo and everything seems similiar to other conny posted here.

3. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Aug 17, 2016

It's a genuine C case Constellation and appears to be in good condition considering the normal wear expected on a watch of this age.

The dial marking appear a bit heavy but that could just be the camera.

4. Bobsindonesia Aug 17, 2016

Thanks JimInOz, I shall proceed the purchase

5. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Aug 17, 2016

It may be a good idea to have it checked before buying. That is, have the back removed to assess the condition of the movement.

It may only be USD $200 at the moment, but if it has been neglected or needs a service you can double or even triple your total cost.

6. Bobsindonesia Aug 17, 2016

Thanks for the advice, will do that, even though I'm not sure whether I understand how to analyze the movement condition hahaha

7. Spacefruit Prolific Speedmaster Hoarder Aug 17, 2016

I understand your hesitation, but actually as long as you can see, you can get a good idea.

Look for a clean movement, no dirt, rust or corrosion. The inside of a watch should ideally look shiny and brand new.
    If any part has black spots or patches, if the the insides look dirty, or the case back has circular marks (in the case of watches with automatic rotors) then you should be reckoning on a service.

Actually, if in doubt reckon on a service.

What really I watch for is damaged or corroded parts that will need replacing, as that can be awkward/expensive.

Another thing is that this is probably your first of many.

This might well just be part of your education, and that often costs money!

8. Banner Roar Aug 17, 2016

Some seller's have a spiel about their watchmaker giving it the all ok....... without a receipt that you can check out from a watchmaker outlining a service. I assume a service is needed.

Spacefruit likes this.
  9. Bobsindonesia Aug 17, 2016

I do not think we have that privilege in Indonesia, banner gunner, I mean the receipt from watchmaker..

10. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Aug 17, 2016

You should talk to member here, @Privateday7 . Herianto is very experienced in vintage watches and is in Jakarta . He could help you tremendously with the local watch scene.

11. Bobsindonesia Aug 17, 2016

Thanks for the info. Will contact him when it comes.

12. flashmedan Aug 18, 2016

Hi bob
    Im from indonesia too .for the price you were offered i think its a very good price .. Proceed .. Because its not easy to find connie now in indonesia ... with this price ... ...but yes check the movt is a must..

13. Privateday7 quotes Miss Universe Aug 20, 2016

Hi Bob,
    Looks like an honest example of C case connie. At that price it is a no brainer catch, unless there is significant problem with the movement.
    Better picture would help to assess its condition overall.
    If you need a decent local watchmaker I could recommend few.

Best
    H

14. Bobsindonesia Aug 22, 2016

Thank you all for the input, very glad that I met this forum, especially some also in Indonesia as well