Forums Latest Members
  1. henrylr Jun 6, 2020

Hi all,

I'm considering buying a ML quartz watch and I've found quite a few on ebay. I don't buy anything without researching info. So I've spent hours searching the web for ML info and can't find any info on quartz movements they used, the accuracy or what batteries should be used. It's like all info on ML quartz watches made in the 1970s have fallen into a black hole. Can someone help?

Thanks,
    henrylr

Walrus likes this.
  2. Walrus Jun 6, 2020

image.jpg
    I can’t give you much detail unfortunately but I do have one Maurice lacroix watch and it’s quartz. The battery lasts a very long time and it is quite accurate. I bought it a few years ago on eBay and I think I wore it twice. I might have been drinking when I was bidding.

Edited Jun 6, 2020
    Professor likes this.
  3. henrylr Jun 6, 2020

Great approach. Think I'll have a couple of T&Ts and just buy one.

Walrus likes this.
  4. Professor Jun 6, 2020

Very nice looking watch.

5. Walrus Jun 6, 2020

I should wear it. I just noticed the date at 6 I don’t have another like that. I will say I bought this when my wife and I were still living in an apartment it really does go back quite a number of years. It maintains very good time keeping and I know it’s been 2 years since I put in a fresh battery. I keep it running despite not wearing it.

6. henrylr Jun 7, 2020

I'm considering buying the following: Maurice Lacroix Les Classiques LC1007-AS62435, Maurice Lacroix Masterpiece LC1098 and a Maurice Lacroix Watch Moonphase Date Caliber 737-701. I've searched the web for hours and haven't found any info like what movements they used, accuracy or battery life. So I finally created an account on the ML website thinking I might get access to info or at least be able to contact them via email...no to both of those. I'm amazed that ML cannot be contacted. Can anyone steer me towards a source of info?
    Thanks,
    henrylr

7. Walrus Jun 7, 2020

Did you try Reddit? There was a guy who worked for Maurice Larcoix posting a while back. I communicated once with him as I didn’t know what my model is called, I guess I must have deleted it as I can’t find it. My plan was to send you a link. Didn’t work out unfortunately

8. Stripey Jun 8, 2020

I have one on a bracelet that is quite similar to your picture. I believe it is an ETA quartz movement of some description. I've had it since about 1999, and another quartz (oblong Cartier tank clone on a leather strap). I love them both. Go for it, especially at the prices I assume they now fetch.

9. Stripey Jun 8, 2020

Also, both mine have sapphire crystals that stand up very well to daily wear. No visible scratching to the naked eye, after regular use over twenty years.

10. Stripey Jun 26, 2020

Out of interest, did you buy one in the end? I have just finally retrieved mine, pictured, which got a new battery and reseal before the lockdown.

11. Stripey Jun 26, 2020

IMG_8372.jpg
    For some reason, the internet wouldn't let me insert this photo in my message immediately above.