Marks on dial during service - what is this?

Hi all,
My watch has been in some kind of exciting (or shall I say stressful) 8 months journey to get it serviced. It was in pristine condition. The watch was sent to an Authorised Omega Service Centre (not the boutique though) to get it serviced, then that company went bust, then was bought by another company, which is now servicing my watch.

Anyway, it came from the first workshop partially serviced, with cracked hands, and marks on the dial. The new company would change the hands but not the dial (although they bought the bust company which still has its original name and shops). A totally messy situation. I can keep arguing with the different teams involved, including Omega, but I reached to that point that while I am gutted, I just want my watch back and running. I cannot wait years for it to be serviced.

The new workshop think that these could be residuals, probably a cleaning material, probably oil, and probably removable, but will not be able to confirm before 12 weeks time as it is in a queue.

For the experienced people here, do you have any ideas about what these could be? Do you think they are removable? See attached the marks, especially on the subdials.
Thanks

It looks like the watch is cased back up, but where is the running seconds hand?

Do you happen to have any images of the watch prior to it being serviced? If this was an authorized service center, I would be getting Omega involved and not stop until it’s resolved. It’s unlikely you’ll clean the dial of the circled marks.

Like 4
The turning second had was put in a small plastic bag, as they were waring for parts when the company went into liquidation. So that is how I got the watch after waiting for 7 months! Below is a picture of the watch 10 minutes before handing it to the workshop. I sent an email to Omega, I haven’t received a reply.

Expensive watch, expensive service, long wait and this is the result????

Shameful!

Quoted member hen
Expensive watch, expensive service, long wait and this is the result????

Shameful!
That is exactly what makes me gutted. The reason why I went with the Authorized Omega Centre, and not the Omega Boutique, was the waiting time. The other company gave me 18 weeks time, while Omega was 26 weeks. If the fisted company did it as promised, I would have taken in before they go into liquidation. I waited 25 weeks just to learn they went bust. Well I have now been waiting for 8 month and will be waiting for extra 12 weeks from now, and get it back messed up with no body accepting liability.

It looks like the watch is cased back up, but where is the running seconds hand?

Do you happen to have any images of the watch prior to it being serviced? If this was an authorized service center, I would be getting Omega involved and not stop until it’s resolved. It’s unlikely you’ll clean the dial of the circled marks.

They cannot attach the running seconds hand, because there's no post from the fourth wheel to attach it to - that has likely been snapped off by someone, and will require complete disassembly of the movement to replace. To say this watch has been poorly serviced is the understatement of the decade...

The parts of the dial that have been circled appear to have been damaged, so it's unlikely that they will clean up from what I can see. It looks like the areas of the dial are compressed, likely when taking the hands off. In addition there are some other spots that caught my eye...this looks like a gouge in the dial:

dial damage1.jpg

And this spot on the edge of the sub-dial has been damaged:

dial damage2.jpg

Whoever removed the hands clearly didn't take proper care here - this is really awful work. I would demand a new dial.

Like 6
Thank you Archer, I have been over the phone with all parties involved, and they are taking advantage of the vague situation using the “old company” the “new management” the “old workshop”, liquidation…etc. phrases a lot as you would imagine. I don’t think Omega is interested in this whole thing too as I emailed them a few days ago but never replied.
How much would a new dial cost?

Thank you Archer, I have been over the phone with all parties involved, and they are taking advantage of the vague situation using the “old company” the “new management” the “old workshop”, liquidation…etc. phrases a lot as you would imagine. I don’t think Omega is interested in this whole thing too as I emailed them a few days ago but never replied.
How much would a new dial cost?

Prices can vary depending on the country, but expect something around $350 US or close to that.

Like 1
Thank you Archer, I will give it another go and do a few calls, if I found no solution I will suck it up and change the dial in my next service with Omega.