Forums Latest Members
  1. ras47 Apr 19, 2017

On the General forum there is an option to mark it as read or to mark ALL forums read. Why is there no option for individual forums read? This would be very handy.

2. Kmart Apr 19, 2017

Well if you read an individual thread it will mark it read automatically... unless I'm misunderstanding your question.

3. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Apr 19, 2017

Should have a little one of your avatars on the thread creators avatar

4. Tiny Iota Could potentially be the Official OF Stalker ™ Apr 19, 2017

That's if you've replied.

5. Egatdagi Apr 19, 2017

I had a similar issue on my PC when I read a thread and hit the back button it still showed as unread. I have to refresh the page to see which ones I've read.

6. eugeneandresson 'I used a hammer, a chisel, and my fingers' Apr 19, 2017

I am no web developer, but 'back' in the browser usually (guessing this is browser dependent : mods/web-gurus feel free to correct me) reverts the page to the previous cached state before you followed the hyperlink that got you to the present page...so...you can't change the past unfortunately (but refresh updates the current state).

7. ras47 Apr 20, 2017

Screen Shot 2017-04-20 at 4.27.01 PM.png I like to read the individual discussion in which I have an interest, then mark the entire subforum as read. I may skip a bunch of discussions and leave them as unread when I leave the subforum but I'd like to see the entire subforum marked as read so I know when there is something new in it just by looking at the main page. For example, on the Rolex Forums you can go to a separate toggle to mark everything in that subforum as read.

8. Stewart H Honorary NJ Resident Apr 20, 2017

When you press the Mark As Read button, it opens a box that asks you if you want to mark just that forum (by name) as read or mark all forums as read but you can only do it from the root menu for a forum.

9. ras47 Apr 21, 2017

Yeah, I was hoping for more granular control. I understand it's controlled by the forum software and changing to another package is a huge deal. I was really hoping I had missed a setting somewhere but alas, it is not to be.

10. ras47 May 5, 2017

It certainly appears this feature of marking individual forums "read" has been added. Thank you! Much better forum experience all around. I was afraid adding this feature would have entailed changing the core forum software. Great job guys!!