Forums Latest Members
  1. Steve1haggart Dec 14, 2019

Good evening,
    whilst going through my office drawer the other day i came across this marine megaquarz that i purchased 2-3 month ago and forgot to take home .
    i notice that the watch is losing around 1-2sec a day should i start to panic as i'm aware that servicing and parts are very expensive ? when these watches first can to the market in the 70s they lost 1 sec per month or less or 12 sec per year .
    thanks

C82C3D0C-D384-4C73-B1DD-15BD6B32759B.jpeg
  2. webvan Dec 14, 2019

Wow, how could you forget about a watch like that ?!
    Having said that, yes losing 1 to 2 seconds a day is a sign that there's something wrong I'm afraid but the trimmer has a huge range (it's EXTREMELY sensitive) so it could be corrected. I'd put a new battery and take it from there and keep exact track of the time being lost each day. If it's perfectly regular I'd go for the trimmer. If not I'd send it to THE 2.4Mhz expert, aka Tony in the UK at https://swisstimeservices.co.uk/ and he can let you know what needs to be done.

3. Steve1haggart Dec 14, 2019

Hi Webvan,
    stuck it in my drawer when it was delivered to my work went offshore the same day and totally forgot it was there till 3 week ago bad i know .
    i was afraid this might be the case ,my research in to these watch tell me it could cost as little as £200-300 up to £1800 if the circuit board need replacing on top off a service . i think i might have to bite the bullet and sent it to STS for at-last an assesment and take it from there .

neilfrancis likes this.
  4. watchlovr Dec 14, 2019

STS, or mote likely Swisstec, their sister company, can do wonders with these, in addition to fixing any movement issues, they can refinish the case to like new.
    Fantastic resource.

Steve1haggart and neilfrancis like this.
  5. Steve1haggart Dec 15, 2019

just check the watch this morning its been in my wrist for 24hr and its lost just on 1sec in that 24 hr period when timed against GTM . next big question is it work me chucking £££££ for 1 second off lost time .

6. webvan Dec 15, 2019

That's pretty good actually, if it's another second by tomorrow I'd give it some trimmer action and be done with it.

Steve1haggart likes this.