Forums Latest Members
  1. webvan Jun 20, 2017

[​IMG]
    Source for picture : Moonwatchonly

I didn't see a thread here and a search did not turn up any results so I thought I'd start a thread for Marco Richon who passed away on June 12th, 2017. Needless to say that his work at Omega and his books are dear to many of us and I'd also found him to be a very kind man during some email exchanges about obscure quartz calibers a few years ago. RIP.

Here is his Omega bio from Linked in :

Edited Jun 21, 2017
    pippy, ahartfie, mikechi22 and 18 others like this.
  2. trackpad Jun 20, 2017

Well done, @webvan, thank you. "Omega, A Journey through Time" speaks for itself. If you're ever in an AD where they have it at hand, do yourself a favor and take a look at the last, and arguably the best of many great ones. What a career.

GuiltyBoomerang likes this.
  3. M'Bob Jun 20, 2017

:(

4. watchyouwant ΩF Clairvoyant Jun 20, 2017

Oh, Sh*t !!!! another source of knowledge gone. met him twice at the museum with john diethelm. a very passionate man , who lived for Omega. very sad to hear the news ! I will have a good whisky tonight in his memory. kind regards. achim

5. mondodec Editor Constellation Collectors Blog Jun 21, 2017

Sad news. Marco was a lovely man. Apart from his leviathan efforts in producing Saga and AJTT he was kind, accessible, responsive and more than a measure tolerant of people like myself who many times sought, and on occasion provided, information. The museum has never been the same since he retired and Jean Luc and John left. When he was there the policy was to engage the collecting community , and when he left it transformed into to a brand marketing outpost.

Regards

Desmond

6. pix98 Jun 21, 2017

sad news
    a life dedicated to omega

7. Jones in LA Isofrane hoarder. Jun 21, 2017

Very sad news indeed. 'A Journey Through Time' is one of my prized possessions. Qu'il repose en paix.

IMG_0299_mods.jpg

theflowofthetime and ahartfie like this.
  8. momosono Jun 21, 2017

Indeed a great loss.
    I'm honored to have known him and I'll cherish my copies of Journey and Saga which he kindly autographed
    MR1.jpg MR2.jpg

pippy, ahartfie, watchyouwant and 5 others like this.
  9. 2ar2c1 Jun 21, 2017

sad news, he was a real gentleman. He assisted me on the purchase of my Omega Saga, and threw in a complimentary velcro moon strap since I was far away.

webvan and dsio like this.
  10. Bill Sohne Bill @ ΩF Staff Member Jun 21, 2017

Hi Achim

Agreed.... I think I surprised Marco when I was with John at the Museum back in 1997. John and I were looking at the display of movements. Marco was working on another display in the room but over heard our conversation... He quickly came over and was intrigued by the silly American that seem to know alot about Omegas.... Once the three of us started to talk, I totally screwed up John's plans for the day. We blew off the Omega marketing person we were suppose to have lunch with in the executive dining room. I wound up spending the rest of the day talking with John and Marco....

Both great gentleman.....

Good Hunting

BIll

that

noelekal, Mark020, felsby and 2 others like this.