Forums Latest Members
  1. mikechi22 Jan 23, 2018

Hello, OF! I bought a manual Omega Dynamic recently. It’s my first experience with a non-auto movement. If everything functions as it should, how long should the watch run on a full wind? Mine will make it 13 hours before conking out. Am I crazy to expect closer to 24 hours? Now the guy I bought it from said the watch was fully serviced and no one on the internet ever lies! So, is the watch’s power reserve normal?

2. ahsposo Most fun screen name at ΩF Jan 23, 2018

Should be closer to 40 hours with a new mainspring. Servicing on eBay often refers to servicing like a bull does to a cow but with the buyer being in the place of the cow...

But I have known some watchmakers to consider servicing to be inspecting and oiling what they can without a major tear down. Others consider a new main spring a given for a service.

NOTSHARP and mikechi22 like this.
  3. mikechi22 Jan 23, 2018

Ugh. Out for a mainspring then. The seller was so believable.

4. ahsposo Most fun screen name at ΩF Jan 23, 2018

5. mikechi22 Jan 23, 2018

I think it’s a 601. I thbk I’ll tell the seller he done me wrong and then give a bad review.

6. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Jan 23, 2018

Please take the information on that site with a large grain of salt...it's a good general reference but not exactly accurate in all details.

Omega lists the power reserve of the 601 as 38 hours...so that site is out by 26% or so...

Mainspring should be included in a proper service IMO. As noted, not all services are of equal quality...I would ask the seller for some money towards a proper service and see what he says.

Cheers, Al

dan7800 likes this.
  7. mikechi22 Jan 23, 2018

Thank you for the advice, Al! And adjusting my expectation of what’s the normal power reserve. I’ll commebt to the guy but I doubt he will be a gentleman about this. He was adamant he had the watch serviced and was rigid on price, which was $500 I think. The trouble is I bought this back in July and it sat at my mailing address in the USA until December. I’ve only now just been able to wear it for a whole day and learned that it tires out quickly. I’ll leave him negative feedback, if nothing else.

Lesson learned: stay away from eBay!

8. dan7800 Jan 23, 2018

Ebay isn't necessarily bad, you just need to be careful about "servicing", just as suggested in this thread.