Forums Latest Members

Making a post on the sales section

1. Charles.Kdqq Jun 21, 2016

How do I put up an item for sale on this forum? It says that I have insufficient privileges.

Thanks in advance!

2. ahsposo Most fun screen name at ΩF Jun 21, 2016

It's not really a sales forum. It's a watch enthusiast forum. You're not welcome just to come here and flog off stuff you don't want.

citizenrich likes this.
  3. lillatroll Jun 21, 2016

You need to have 200 posts or you can contact one of the moderators and provide references from other forum or eBay feedback.

OMGRLX likes this.
  4. ulackfocus Jun 21, 2016

Stickies.

STICKIES.

STICKIES!!!

Does NOBODY read them? They're at the top of the sales forum IN CAPS.

https://omegaforums.net/forums/private-watch-sales/

https://omegaforums.net/threads/sales-rules-follow-this-or-your-ad-will-be-deleted.16607/

https://omegaforums.net/threads/please-read-new-security-measures-for-the-sales-sections.16995/

We didn't put them there because our doctors said we need to develop carpal tunnel syndrome from repetitive typing.

5. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Jun 21, 2016

Oh, you mean these?

Sales Rules.png

tyrantlizardrex and Foo2rama like this.
  6. citizenrich Metal Mixer! Jun 22, 2016

Didn't you read the rules?

First, you have to sign a contract and pay a 10% vig (gross sales price, no games) to some guy from Philly named Dennis.

If you try to get cute, he comes to your house with a baseball bat. To start.

Nobel Prize and OMGRLX like this.
  7. citizenrich Metal Mixer! Jun 22, 2016

He'll either go away or offer some BS apology but hot damn I really hate it when MF'ers show up here trying to treat our humble little community like an old school Termas in Leblon.

8. citizenrich Metal Mixer! Jun 22, 2016

I know it gets weird with compliance and some local regulations about agency and/or brokers but if this was my place, I'd make non real members pay 15 or 20 bucks a listing, no ifs ands or buts.

The mods know who the actual members of the community are and blanket waivers could be provided to all the good guys.

Everyone else who wants to treat this place like a whore house pays. Act like a John, pay like a John.

Edited Jun 22, 2016
    Larry S and ConElPueblo like this.
  9. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Jun 22, 2016

I would have said he needs a hello and a Avatar.

Funny if he comes back with a barn find Speedmaster and says I just wants to sell this old watch that is my sisters husbands brothers cousins that was left by he's uncles grandfather that passed away and he has a Iwatch and doesn't need it.

OMGRLX likes this.
  10. Larry S Color Commentator for the Hyperbole. Jun 22, 2016

Guys THIS is why I feel so comfortable buying through this forum. Thanks!

Finrod Felagund, Jking and Jonatan like this.
  11. Jonatan Jun 22, 2016

Following that comment, and since I just sold my first pieces on here this week, how do you guys fell about selling to people with few posts? Do you use the same quota ie. 200 posts?
    I have had a few follow-up offers after the watches were sold and I would like your opinion should I ever be confronted with this situation in the future.

Edited Jun 22, 2016
  12. Fost Jun 22, 2016

The FS section of this forum is the best in the world. First, because you are buying only to trusted seller / watch enthousiast, no scam allowed and that's a pure happyness ...Second, because, based on my experience, the few deal I made as a seller were all just perfect with passionated guys, perfect communication, and very good feeling. Now, i have had the chance to deal with only 'renommed forum members' so I have no experience with few post buyer. If it will happen, I assume that I will try to catch some references elsewhere, but if there is a doubt...there is no doubt...And i will politely explain that i am not confortable to continue the deal...

citizenrich, OMGRLX and nlogax like this.
  13. fibonacci086 Jun 22, 2016

I impose direct bank payment in that case.
    Always sorted well for the moment...

14. Jking something intelligent and witty... Jun 22, 2016

Speaking as someone on the "wrong" side of 200 posts (and purchased my first omega from @Kringkily with about 4 posts to my name) I think you can miss quite a few good buyers if you go by a 200 post rule. In my case seeing an omega "in the wild" is rare...to the point where I haven't seen another one on a wrist other than mine. I started searching for a new watch thinking pre-owned Rolex, ended up on TRF and stumbled across the omega subforum...it was after seeing the watches there that I realized that omega (from a style standpoint) was really what I liked. From there I googled omega watch forums (assuming if Rolex had one then omega must as well) and ended up here. I lurked for a week before seeing a watch I liked in my price range and registered to communicate with the seller. Now that I'm a member I've enjoyed the forum immensely and have already learned quite a bit in my short time here. That's a very long winded way of saying that not everyone who ends up here is a long time enthusiast with multiple posts to their name. I would think for everyone like that there is someone like me just being exposed to the brand for the first time and looking to make a purchase. Heck from what I've seen other watch forums point people here to find quality pre-owned pieces from trusted sellers. Btw I'll likely buy again from a seller on this forum before I hit 200 posts. Just my thoughts on the subject.

15. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Jun 22, 2016

Low post count you would be looking at bank transfer and waiting for money to clear. Many low posters have been good eggs and have stuck around to become valued members.

There is still scammers looking to work there evil so it's all about buying the seller and having your wits about you with buyers.

With bank transfer once it's in your account ( savings is best ) its safe. If a low post count won't do it your way move on. Your watch your rules...

citizenrich likes this.
  16. Linzer Jun 22, 2016

In my understanding anyone below 200 posts can send a PM to sellers and the parties can negotiate from there. As far as selling goes, I'm nowhere near 200 posts and I'm glad that OF has these rules. It just feels a lot safer! :thumbsup:

OMGRLX and Larry S like this.
  17. Charles.Kdqq Jun 22, 2016

HOLYYYYY.. what a tough community.
    Yes I am a new member on the forums. I'm not here to just sell my stuff. I am a watch enthusiast and I recently purchased my first Omega, DOSTM about a month ago and I have been creeping this forum ever since. I was a Rolex guy but DSOTM opened my eyes to omega watches.

With my DOSTM, I acquired an extra leather strap (OEM Sedna Black crock) that I wanted to sell to the community (bargain deal), and this was why I was asking.

Anyway.. I feel very welcomed! haha

18. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Jun 22, 2016

Set a avatar and stick around and before long you will be joining the friendly banter with us. Being a watch enthusiast, think you can see where we are coming from with proteccting the forum from fly by sellers and scammers.

19. Pvt-Public Jun 22, 2016

Yet the very first sentence of your very first post was:

20. Charles.Kdqq Jun 22, 2016

I meant.. im not here only to sell my stuff...

tpatta likes this.