Forums Latest Members
  1. M'Bob Jan 22, 2017

I haven't worn this one in a while, and forgot how comfortable these bracelets can be. All the others either slide down, or get too tight to prevent them from sliding down. Hard to get that perfect fit. Those little spring-loaded end links really do the trick - whether you're hot or cold (which causes the wrist tissues to either expand, or contract), the fit is just right:

image.jpeg image.jpeg

adam78, Psych, TheHoof and 2 others like this.
  2. TheHoof Jan 22, 2017

While I know they are strong enough for the job, I find they feel very delicate and so it doesn't inspire confidence while wearing it!

3. Inox Jan 22, 2017

Totally agree. Plus, they are really good looking, always liked them alot. Think it's partyt because they somehow remind me of this
    IMG_5557.JPG IMG_0225.JPG

M'Bob likes this.
  4. M'Bob Jan 22, 2017

I have heard this before as well, but not sure what to make of it.

Yes: if someone were to attach the jaws-of-life to this one, it would go before the later models. But with general, day to day wearing, they seem plenty strong to do their job. Further (and it's very possible I have the details wrong), didn't the NASA boys feel it was TOO strong, which is why they changed to the J B Champions?

5. TheHoof Jan 22, 2017

I think it's a tactile thing - just how it feels and the lack of 'substance'. I had similar concerns when I first picked up my 5513 /1 on a rivet bracelet.

M'Bob likes this.
  6. Ninja2789 Jan 22, 2017

I think part of the "lack of substance" is also due to having modern bracelets as a reference point. I remember trying on so many rolex submariners with the modern chunky bracelet. Then I happened upon one of the original rivet bracelets and had a paradigm shift. Never realized how much of an effect a strap/bracelet could make on the overall feel of a watch.

M'Bob likes this.
  7. abrod520 Jan 22, 2017

My favorite. I don't think they're weak as long as you're not constantly stretching it out. But to me it falls slightly more on the dressy side rather than utilitarian

M'Bob likes this.
  8. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Jan 22, 2017

I actually had a 7912 that was NOS, unworn and its shocking how much tension is needed for the stretch links to actually stretch when they're completely fresh and not worn. Its so much that the stretch links didn't really want to curve to my wrist either they wanted to stay in a stiff row, it was actually surprisingly sturdy feeling compared to all the used ones I've had.

M'Bob likes this.
  9. jimmyd13 Jan 22, 2017

I know when I first picked up a 1039 and when I wore my speedy with one I was concerned at how flimsy it felt. When compared to something like the 1162 on my Mk II it's positively delicate. But then, if you compare it against the Heuer titanium bracelet the 1039 feels like you could use it as a tow hook. Bottom line is none of us are about to go hauling out an engine block wearing a vintage speedmaster on a 1039 (I hope) so it's going to be more than enough for the job.

10. TheHoof Jan 22, 2017

Absolutely agree!