Forums Latest Members
  1. Interstatetime May 14, 2017

I bought this 16573 GMT on Monday of last week and wore it all week. I took it off my wrist on Friday morning on the way to work. Work for Friday and Saturday was something that beats the heck out of the watch you wear...so I put on a watch which could take the beating. This morning I took the watch out of the drawer and it was still running and 5 seconds fast...after 48 hour in the drawer. I was wondering if it needed to be serviced. I guess it can wait a while.

I will admit that I am not a huge Rolex guy. I like them. They are solid, well built and well executed but...well...not usually something I keep in the collection. This one might change my mind and stick around for a while. I am starting to like rootbeer. Not a fan of the Jubilee bracelet it came on but that can stay in the drawer and avoid the stretch.

JohnCote

[​IMG]

pitpro, sensui, OMGRLX and 9 others like this.
  2. TTG Suffers from watch FOMO. May 14, 2017

I think a two-tone RootBeer is a must in the Rolex collection, changing the stainless steel look, especially from the 1675/16750s..
    The jubilee is a must with these, very comfortable and also provide a change to the look. I particularly like your leather look...
    Here is mine, alligator style..
    r.jpg

Edited May 14, 2017
  3. Interstatetime May 14, 2017

Love the Alligator look. I was thinking about a peanut Alligator strap for it just this morning. I think I will be a copy cat and get one.

JohnCote

4. TTG Suffers from watch FOMO. May 14, 2017

Glad to help, it helps bring the colors of my dial/insert out.
    Now in your case (or dial for this matter), you have what appears to be a dial referred as OxBlood, do a little research.
    If you get a burgundy type strap, it will bring the colors of your dial right out!

5. sky21 May 14, 2017

That is a gorgeous 1675/3!! I love the nipple dial and the applied crown. Very nice strap choice as well. Although I'm with you, I love the jubilee, especially the oval link USA style that you have.

6. Interstatetime May 14, 2017

Maybe it is Oxblood...It is definitely darker than yours but there isn't much red to its darker brown. I think the wrist shot makes it much darker. It might be a darker brown. I just looked online at a bunch of pictures of Oxblood dials and they seem much more red...Who knows. I have an Oxblood strap much like the light brown one on the watch now. I will check it out.

JohnCote

7. ATWG May 14, 2017

That's bloody beautiful, that's all that matters to me ;-)

Interstatetime likes this.
  8. jfmiii May 15, 2017

gorgeous watch OP; that case is amazing.

9. bags1971 May 15, 2017

stunning watch i do love the rootbeer gmt

10. watch3s May 15, 2017

rootbeer and nipple dial, as someone whose constantly stalking rolexforums for sale section for a gmt master 2 16710LN, this adds to the consideration! nice watch!

11. ShawnMarz May 17, 2017

That insert is killer