Forums Latest Members

Love the look of this modern pre-owned Seamaster at Tourneau, BUT....

1. pnwyankee Jun 2, 2019

I am a new member of this Forum and for now I will hesitate to call myself new to watch collecting as I suspect that once I admit to myself that's what I'm really doing here, it will be all downhill ( for my bank account ) from there.
    I own a few nice watches, nothing collectible.
    I would like to own an Omega, something with a little history, ie: Seamaster or something similar.
    I think this pre-owned Seamaster on the Tourneau website is a lovely looking timepiece, with a vintage appeal: https://www.tourneau.com/watches/pre-owned-omega/seamaster-aqua-terra-co-axial-stainless-steel-automatic-23113432202002-OMG3300676.html?
    However a quick look through the forbidden ( until I have 200 posts ) classifieds on this forum has left me thinking maybe I could get an actual vintage Seamaster and still save thousands of dollars while I'm at it
    Is that last statement correct?
    Is it a better move to purchase a real vintage Seamaster from a trusted seller on this forum vs the one shown in my link?

Thanks,
    Bob

2. ICONO Jun 2, 2019

Yes
    &
    Yes

pnwyankee likes this.
  3. JwRosenthal Jun 2, 2019

You only need 200 to sell or post a WTB, you can PM a selling member instantly if you want something they have.

Foo2rama likes this.
  4. JwRosenthal Jun 2, 2019

And just looked at the website-holy crap!! $5k for that???

You can get a vintage silver Seamaster for 1/4 that or less. But the older ones are substantially smaller.

pnwyankee likes this.