Forums Latest Members
  1. 64Wing Aug 7, 2019

Hey gang. I am anxiously awaiting the arrival of my Neptune II which should be here tomorrow. Pics and first impressions to follow.

The plan is to then snag the Baltic Aquascaphe and do a nice comparison for you if I can get my hands on one.

Wondering if anyone has any thoughts or experiences to share on this topic?

2. PhotonX Aug 7, 2019

I have a Neptune II and really like it. It gets lots of wrist time. I wish it was thinner but otherwise a great looking watch.

3. KeithS Aug 7, 2019

You should post some pictures!

4. 64Wing Aug 8, 2019

Just unboxed the piece. Pictures below!

My first impressions:
    The quality is a bit above what I would expect in this price range. The customer service and personalized touch are pack-leading in the industry!

Came with a nice leather watch roll and simple but effective link tool.

The bracelet feels a bit cheap at first, but is actually just fine. Super easy to adjust the screwed links for sizing. Most everything is brushed to save on labor time but works very well with the design for a vintage feel.

I absolutely love the coin edge on the bezel. I think it's my favorite aspect of the whole watch.

The dial is a very rich color and appointed nicely. The gilt hints are understated but wonderfully executed.

Now for a couple irking items...
    First: when you unscrew the crown to wind the watch it sometimes changes the time. It shouldn't do that until you pull it to it's first detent.
    Second: the crown feels rather flimsy while winding and definitely doesn't rotate on a nice axis; it's a bit wobbly. That said, I love the proportion of the crown. It's rather large and reminds me of many great pieces of yesteryear.
    The bezel, while very nicely toothed, is tough to move and hard to grip. Since I love the appearance, I'll let it slide.
    The acrylic some is lovely in appearance... until it's exposed to the world. It's very prone to finger prints, dust, and scratches. But it is precisely the right shape and size for this piece. I'd say it's almost there.
    The bracelet tapers a bit too aggressively to a narrow width at the clasp. I'd prefer they just leave it at the lug width for the whole bracelet.
    The graining on the hands is a bit pronounced but at least it's even.
    The case back is blank. I sometimes love a minimal case back, but they could've at least engraved a depth rating and serial number on it. It is very naked.

The case thickness is a non-issue for me as most of my pieces are in the same area. I suppose to each their own.

These points aside, I do enjoy this piece. It is as advertised, if not better, and the communication with the company is top notch. I had reached out about a month ago asking when this piece would be available. I received a response very quickly and it wasn't a carbon copy one either.

Ultimately, I'm happy to support a fledgling brand that is very obviously trying to do things right in a market perhaps uniquely weighted by opinionated bastards like us; a bold undertaking.

I will be excited to watch how this brand grows and furthers their skill and refinement. Frankly, of they can preserve their customer service and design ethos while simultaneously improving their manufacturing prowess, I'll be a brand loyalist for life.

Many thanks to the fine people there for answering my questions and providing a nice introduction to the brand. I'll be watching closely for more goodies to snag from them!

Lastly, my apologies for the somewhat out of order photos. I wasn't patient enough to upload one at a time. But you get the drift ☺️

Have a great one, everybody! View attachment 817237 IMG_20190808_153953.jpg IMG_20190808_153902.jpg IMG_20190808_155243.jpg IMG_20190808_155051.jpg IMG_20190808_154116.jpg IMG_20190808_154044.jpg IMG_20190808_154020.jpg IMG_20190808_155938.jpg IMG_20190808_155934.jpg IMG_20190808_155317.jpg View attachment 817237 IMG_20190808_153953.jpg

IMG_20190808_155938.jpg
    michael22 and KeithS like this.
  5. Professor Aug 9, 2019

Fine looking watch, but the problem with the sloppy crown and stem would be a deal breaker for me at a fraction of the price.

6. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Aug 9, 2019

Have you pointed this out to them, see how the customer service goes to get this fixed. As the time shouldn’t change unscrewing the crown.
    Customer service sounds good buying the watch but a true test is getting something wrong fixed....

michael22 and DaveK like this.
  7. 64Wing Aug 9, 2019

100% agree.

I'm going to reach out today and see what they might do for me.

Will, of course, keep you fine people posted

michael22, KeithS and STANDY like this.
  8. gab87 Aug 11, 2019

I also own a Lorier Neptune V2 (same batch as yours, I received it last Wednesday), however, I do not have any of the mechanical issues you mentioned: my crown does rotate on a perfect straight axis, and does not change the time while extracting it. I am pretty sure they will offer to a) service your watch and fix the issue, or b) replace your unit with a fully functional one. I reached out to them for some questions before buying the watch, and I received a reply directly from the founder Lorenzo within one or two days, so I am sure they will help you out.
    Moreover, I have to report a nice plus on this watch: I measured the accuracy on a daily basis, and so far I am averaging +1 second per day, which is pretty awesome at this price point.

9. 64Wing Aug 12, 2019

I reached out via email about the issue and received a same-day response with a shipping label asking me to send the piece back.

They were apologetic and proactive in getting the ball rolling on correcting the issue.

I shipped it back at the end of last week so will keep you all updated on what transpires.

I am confident it will turn out A-OK

connieseamaster likes this.
  10. rcs914 Aug 12, 2019

For $400 that is quite a nice looking watch. I like the look of the Baltic more, but it costs almost twice as much.

11. 64Wing Aug 12, 2019

My thoughts exactly.

I think I'll end up with a Baltic anyway. It's dangerous playing in the sub-$1000 arena...

12. chipsotoole Aug 16, 2019

I saw the blue Hydra and couldn't get it out of my head....So I bought one....expecting it with a buddy who's taking it over the pond for me in mid September....
    Baltics are also fab!

13. 64Wing Aug 19, 2019

I've just unwrapped my repaired Neptune II from Lorier.

Key takeaways:
    The proactive communication from Lauren (that's who responded to my email regarding the issue) was superb and concise.
    The company IMMEDIATELY took steps to correct the problem by including a return label for me as I mentioned in my previous post.
    I was personally notified when my watch arrived back at their shop and given a projected repair completion date.
    Once it was fixed, I received another email explaining that they had replaced my crown & stem and that it is now functioning properly.
    They included a tracking number for the parcel in its way back to me.

I opened it up, unscrewed the crown to be sure the problem was fixed (it is!) and set the time.

I'm now comfortably wearing this delightful little piece and enjoying it very much.

100% satisfied with this complaint resolution.

From a customer service standpoint, here are the biggest things that stood out to me that Lorier executed perfectly upon where other companies frequently fail:
    1. They never tried to blame me for the issue
    2. They believed me
    3. They didn't make me pay for shipping or parts
    4. They communicated quickly and effectively
    5. They delivered on their promises and set me up with a perfectly functional piece.

Folks, if my experience is any indication of consistency of action then none of you should harbor any reservation of doing business with this company. If you like the look of their watch offerings but are nervous about the fact that they are a small and new brand, don't be.

I'm already looking forward to their next design!

Edited Aug 19, 2019
    michael22 and DaveK like this.
  14. 64Wing Aug 19, 2019

Show us! Show us!!

15. chipsotoole Aug 20, 2019

Will do....my pal arrives 14/9 ....pics will follow soon after.

64Wing likes this.
  16. 64Wing Aug 26, 2019

Status report:

The Neptune II is keeping to -2/+8 on a full wind per day.

Not bad at all and in fact, better than my beloved Fortis...which I suppose could go for a service and such.

Happy Monday, all!

17. 64Wing Aug 31, 2019

Not to keep bumping this thread but just couldn't resist sharing this lume shot!! MVIMG_20190831_193107.jpg

PhotonX likes this.
  18. PhotonX Aug 31, 2019

It has a great lume.

19. 64Wing Aug 31, 2019

Surprisingly good, as a matter of fact!

20. PhotonX Aug 31, 2019

Yes, the Neptune has the best looking lume of all my watches. Lorier did not skimp on the amount of lume applied