Forums Latest Members
  1. James s Sep 7, 2019

Hello everyone, two years ago I bought a Seamaster 212.30.41.20.01.003 and like many others it had a very noticeable tick when pressing on the bezel and a fair amount of play.

After six months or so I stopped by the boutique and expressed my concerns. They assured me it was normal. I was skeptical as my 2541.80.00 had no play nor did my other divers from other manufacturers.

Last week the bezel spring finally gave up the ghost and the bezel started to freely rotate in both directions.

I went back to the boutique two days ago and the staff (whom has always been wonderful) immediately began to assess the problem. The technician (who remembered when I had brought the piece back a year and a half earlier) pulled the bezel and found the culprit. Two of the three bent tabs on the bezel spring had fractured and the third was bent down just about flush.
    B918204F-8897-4560-9197-B3E76D640E66.jpeg CB9FACCC-D058-49B7-BF88-B559952D1CEF.jpeg

He installed a new spring and low and behold, the bezel was rock solid. No wiggle, no play and no tapping noise when pressed upon.

I had read many posts on this forum and others about this issue and just thought I would share my experience with anyone who has the same issue.

\
    James

Blackjack 24 and AntonisCy like this.
  2. avidmark Sep 8, 2019

Thanks for sharing as I recently acquired a Seamaster 2254 with play in the bezel an the tapping issue.