Looking to buy a NTTD from a private seller, looking for a second opinion on the pics.

Ya you will get better feedback with photos than a link. Many here have that model do I’m sure you could find some help.

Please post the photos here

LKb1k2Y
3NFhKvN
HmtqJ9k
mEgyhkp
RmYNidk
bn0rhpD
upacl4K
VIAjG3b
Kfoh1r8
e8s7ZHP
A8x1SgG

I also upped the brightness on the cards and have the watch no. if that helps

Ya you will get better feedback with photos than a link. Many here have that model do I’m sure you could find some help.
Posted them in replies

If you’re really concerned, see if they can post a pic of the watch on a kitchen/postage scale. While I’m sure there are very good fakes of this watch, I doubt they’re made of titanium—weight should be about 93 grams.

If you’re really concerned, see if they can post a pic of the watch on a kitchen/postage scale. While I’m sure there are very good fakes of this watch, I doubt they’re made of titanium—weight should be about 93 grams.

That's actually a really good thing to ask lol, but if they say they don't have one available lol thats not a bad excuse

Funny how the seller (or you?) marked out all the info on the caseback, but not the actual serial number on the lug.

Or is the seller trying to hide the bad engraving? Something to consider.

As always, if the price is too good to be true, there’s probably a reason. These are readily available from reputable dealers for about 15-18% off retail (even more for the NATO strap version). Is this one so much cheaper that you are willing to risk it is a fake?

Maybe a goofy idea, but since that movement is antimagnetic, any reason they couldn’t attach a magnet to the watch and take a video for a minute or two to show it is still keeping time?

I am not aware of any fakes that are also antimagnetic…

…but really, if I were a legit seller and someone asked me to do that, I’d probably tell them to look elsewhere.

What exactly is the price that is too good to be true? These sell second hand on some platforms for 55-65% of retail. More on ebay it is true, there they seem to fetch maybe 65-75% for a full set.

What exactly is the price that is too good to be true? These sell second hand on some platforms for 55-65% of retail. More on ebay it is true, there they seem to fetch maybe 65-75% for a full set.

He was asking $5800, which is the lowest I've seen anywhere

That’s a good price compared to other listings but I wouldn’t say too good to be true. (Honestly, it’s quite a bit more than I’d be willing to pay for that watch, but that’s highly subjective, of course.)

I’d ask about seeing the weight—but it looks fine.

EDIT: remember, people can ask $7200 all day long; that doesn’t mean they’re getting it. Checking actual sold prices (where you can) is the key. I’m guessing your price is about fair market value. Also, a lot of the listings you’re seeing are probably fake/baity ones where you send your money and then they source the watch for you, which can take months… or never. Someone just posted about one of those experiences a few days ago.

Back at my computer. Here are two from eBay that illustrate my point.

This one was listed for about $4300 but sold (via Best Offer) for less than that---can't tell what it was. (This is closer to where I personally would value the watch---in the 3,000-3,500 range, but others have certainly paid far more.)

This one listed for about $6500, and the same deal: sold (via Best Offer) for less. There are many others.

And note that more than 80 of the listings for this piece on Chrono24 are "Item Needs to Be Procured" or "Item Available Upon Request" listings---meaning (the way I see it) bogus ads: the sellers don't actually have the watches in stock. Some of these listings are really sneaky, as they include photos of what appear to be in-hand watches. You always have to check the fine print!

All to say, again, I don't think $5800 is too good to be true. It's not out of line, either, but if this is a watch you might want to resell some day, you could be better off waiting for a stronger deal. This watch isn't for everyone---there are hundreds of them sitting on the preowned market right now with no buyers, and many sitting in dealers' cases. It's a great concept: titanium no-date diver. But the faux-patina dial and (some would say corny) James Bond costumey-military engravings are not features that will likely endear the piece to future collectors. Not disrespecting anyone who loves the piece---every niche has its devotees, and that's what makes this hobby awesome. But from a financial point of view... that seems like a lot of money for a watch like this. IMHO.

This website may earn commission from Ebay sales.