Forums Latest Members

Looking for this watch case... Anyone recognize it?

1. KstateSkier Feb 3, 2019

Saw a guy post it on FB. He never responded with the brand.

Looking to purchase one just like it. I rarely travel with more than 1 watch on my wrist and 1 extra so this would work perfect.

Thanks for any help you can provide!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

WatchShopping and REckroat like this.
  2. KstateSkier Feb 3, 2019

superfly, WatchShopping and noelekal like this.
  3. KstateSkier Feb 3, 2019

For anyone interested. I wanted the cognac version of this case but the website was sold out. However carapaz also sells on Etsy and so i messaged the owner there and he said I could also have my name embroidered inside the flap free of charge. So I ordered this color and should be here in a few weeks from Switzerland.

Will post pics when I receive, but they look high quality for the price.

[​IMG]

superfly, noelekal and Foo2rama like this.
  4. BradleyJ. Feb 5, 2019

I'd love to see a pic of the embroidery just for the sake of curiosity when you get it. I'm too cheap and I was looking for something a little more compact for my carry on (I hate having the watch I'm wearing smashing around in the plastic tray at the TSA checkpoint) got this cheapo one

20190205_231516.jpg
  5. REckroat Feb 5, 2019

So I must be bit more rebellious. I’ve left my watch on while going through the scanner for years. I just hold out my wrists, palms up, as soon as I leave the scanner and wait for the check it. It’s a bit humorous because most of the time they’re looking at the screen as I walk through and when they look up to tell me that something triggered on my wrist, it’s already right there for them. Haven’t had one TSA agent take issue with it, many have said thanks.

6. REckroat Feb 5, 2019

Man, I have no idea if I’d ever want or use one of these, but I’ll be damned if they don’t look really good!! Kudos for finding them.

superfly and noelekal like this.
  7. mikekchc Feb 5, 2019

wow they really do look good and a good price.

would love to see your order when it comes in.

superfly, KstateSkier and noelekal like this.
  8. BradleyJ. Feb 6, 2019

You're lucky, one trip the agent will reprimanded me for not putting my shoes into it's own separate Tupperware, the return trip I'm reprimanded for wasting a Tupperware for just a single pair of shoes........ ::confused2:: I just try to get thru as quick as possible without headache. Just last week I was questioned for metal in my hand and it was clearly my wedding band. And of course I've gone thru without issue at times. My wife constantly gets flagged for metal in her shoulder area. She has never had surgery so my guess is alien implant :D

superfly likes this.
  9. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Feb 7, 2019

The removing shoes thing is purely a US one from what I can gather. I just flew 1/2 way across the globe and back and never once had to take my shoes off through security since we didn't fly into the US...

On watches, I have only once ever been told to take it off, and that was on this last trip when I flew into Beijing airport. I was wearing my SM300 Watchco, and was asked to remove it. My wife asked if she needed to take her Nomos off, and they said no, so we both tried our best to keep eyes on my watch...came through fine. I still tripped the metal detectors as I walked through, so was wanded and had a serious pat down.

On the way back through Beijing, I was not asked to remove it...triggered the metal detector again, and even when they wanded over my wrist nothing really registered...go figure...

superfly and noelekal like this.
  10. BradleyJ. Feb 7, 2019

It started with the shoe bomber incident but yes mostly US. I've had to take them off in Bahamas and Turks n Caicos as well.

Also a reason I wanted a case. The bulkier case is less discreet to swipe. It's not the agents I'm worried about it's the people in line with me. After I load up the Tupperwares and they are on the belt, they tell you to go thru the machine yet your Tupperware could still be in the open with random people standing around it behind you (In my experience anyway) I had a shady clubber looking kid behind me last week in Miami and I'm glad my watch was out of sight as apposed to visible.

superfly likes this.
  11. KstateSkier Feb 7, 2019

I haven't received it yet (still on the boat to M'erica!) but the seller sent me a few pics to make sure the nameplate turned out like I wanted. Looks really nice. I think I'm going to like it alot and for the $$$ it seemed like a good buy. He didn't charge me a dime extra for the nameplate which I appreciated.

watch_case_2.jpg watch_case_1.jpg

superfly, KingCrouchy and BradleyJ. like this.
  12. KstateSkier Feb 7, 2019

I too never remove my watch for TSA. Granted I'm a TSA Pre member so maybe thats why but I travel all over the world and if I'm ever asked about it I ask them to manually inspect it on my wrist.

superfly likes this.
  13. BradleyJ. Feb 7, 2019

Yeah that looks really good.

KstateSkier likes this.
  14. KstateSkier Feb 11, 2019

My new case came in today. It’s even nicer in person than I anticipated.

The packaging was nice including a hand written thank you note from the case maker.

The fit and finish is incredibly well done. I like that the piece the watch mounts over is flexible to accommodate different size watches and bands.

And I would expect the leather to patina and darken over time.

My name printed inside the flap was a real classy touch!

If you’re looking for a leather travel case don’t hesitate to give Carapaz a try! I think you’ll be impressed.

5A79341E-5C8F-499E-B34A-5C842D56C097.jpeg 92AC5322-7676-4A71-A04F-EB8B5A41CEA3.jpeg D8DEC267-6E5B-455E-8689-FF65A8C2FB35.jpeg C31F7B3F-76A9-4BB3-8795-ACB9D40AA707.jpeg F6CEFD96-FD1A-4902-AD94-58000DD3D83C.jpeg 9E4E8F84-9B6E-4E68-8045-C8E9127FACC5.jpeg

15. Diverdown Feb 11, 2019

Congrats! Looks good. Enjoy

16. jobaoneill Feb 11, 2019

Very nice final product! Is there any magnetics issues with scanning watches I should be aware of - or more nerves around people stealing?

17. superfly Feb 11, 2019

Beautiful case! I'm definitely considering one of these. Thanks for sharing the product and your experience.

On the name plate, is it just glued on, or did they stitch it to the liner? Do you know?

18. Lovewatches2 Feb 11, 2019

Wow! Although I seldom travel, I would like to have one for sure. ;)

superfly likes this.
  19. KstateSkier Feb 11, 2019

@superfly It appears stitched to the inside of the flap liner using the same stitching and thread that lines the flap and case front.

20. BradleyJ. Feb 11, 2019

Love it!

KstateSkier likes this.