Forums Latest Members

Looking for some help....Any one familiar with Watch Repairs USA in NY?

1. TLIGuy Jun 25, 2019

I'm looking for some help from a solid OF forum member that lives around the NY Long Island area that might be familiar with a shop named Watch Repairs USA.

Please PM me for more information.

Thanks,

John

2. Lovewatches2 Jun 25, 2019

Hi John
    I don't live around NY Long Island area but I've dealt Watch Repairs USA before and I'm not happy with the restoration of my watch. The turn around is too long (about 6 months) and I have to email them constantly regarding the repair. I finally got my watch back with out the edging (?) around the date and when I informed them about it I was asked to send the watch back to them, but I never did cuz I don't like to deal with them anymore. Besides, I think their charges are expensive!
    I wouldn't recommend them.
    Good luck!

TLIGuy likes this.
  3. gemini4 Hoarder Of Speed et alia Jun 25, 2019

Edited Jun 25, 2019
    wsfarrell, TLIGuy and Foo2rama like this.
  4. TLIGuy Jun 25, 2019

Thanks for the replies. I'm not looking for service. I'm looking for someone in the area that can go by the location and let me know if they still look like they are in business and if so take a peak inside for a very special watch that has gone missing. I don't want to elaborate too much publicly but if you know me here you can guess what kind of watch I'm tying to help locate for an individual.

5. AriTheWatchmaker Jun 25, 2019

They are moving offices to IL at the moment. I know them well, and have done some repairs for them over the years, but the ownership changed in 2016. Likely not lost, just under a pile of other watches. They use dozens of watchmakers and watch repair technicians for different stuff.

6. gemini4 Hoarder Of Speed et alia Jun 25, 2019

Are you saying they farm out customers work to dozens of other watchmakers?

connieseamaster likes this.
  7. TLIGuy Jun 25, 2019

Interesting. Thanks for the information.

8. Lovewatches2 Jun 25, 2019

9. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Jun 25, 2019

This appears to be an ongoing problem not a recent problem based on the reviews.

They have people going on 6 months with no contact.

10. TLIGuy Jun 25, 2019

This is large community with many deep contacts so I'm just going to put this out there in hopes that this will possibly make its way to a representative of Watch Repairs USA.

Astronaut John Harrington gave his flown X-33 Speedmaster to his father as a gift. John's father unaware of the best way to have the watch serviced used Watch Repairs USA based on their testimonials. Please set aside what should have been done. The watch was sent to Watch Repair USA who then forwarded it to Omega for service. Omega serviced the watch and it was sent back to Watch Repairs USA on June 11, 2019. John and his father have made repeated attempts to contact WRU, and like many others, their inquiries have gone unanswered. While I know it has only been a short amount of time the lack of contact has John and his father concerned.

As many know this watch would be quite valuable but it carries with it a much larger sentimental value and its expedited return would be appreciated.

If anyone here has any contact information or insight into how to best contact WRU please let me know.

Any help or direction to help return the watch would very much be appreciated.

Taddyangle and Foo2rama like this.
  11. AriTheWatchmaker Jun 25, 2019

Yes, they have no watchmakers or watch repair people, but they have a well organized database and they try to do right. I think they handle a large volume of repairs

12. gemini4 Hoarder Of Speed et alia Jun 25, 2019

Naturally their true business model is totally omitted from their website. Sounds like a real sh!t show.

13. TLIGuy Jun 25, 2019

Well, I linked my post via a message on their Facebook page. Someone read it just now at 8:32pm. Maybe this might help expedite a return call.

14. Lovewatches2 Jun 25, 2019

It must be very well true! In six months they had my watch for repair, I've dealt with 3 or 4 different staff member (in charge with my watch repair) via email.
    Do not deal with this watch repairer. PERIOD!

15. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Jun 26, 2019

A lot of the larger places do this - they farm the work out either on a regular basis or in heavy work periods. You really have no idea who is doing the work or where the work is being done, if it has a chance to be lost in shipping when you thought it was being done at a specific location, etc.

I've been asked to do this kind of trade work before, but I would rather deal directly with my own customers.

BatDad, Horoticus, Larry S and 4 others like this.
  16. AriTheWatchmaker Jun 26, 2019

Yes, I have done work for Factory Service Centers in the USA for 20 years...Oris, Baume & Mercier, and while at BreitlingUsA I fought hard to end their subcontracting because the particular shops did a lousy job, and I was hired to fix their Quality issues with the After Sales Department.
    There are less than 500 trained and competent watchmakers in the USA, yet somehow thousands of stores have the best trained watchmakers out there...it defies logic, and is because they send work out to the few shops that do specifically wholesale work. Many are run by well trained watchmakers and do a huge volume of work.
    I am number 0021 OWME or Omega Qualified Watchmaker in the USA. My friend just did the test last month and is now number 0271 with an OWME, now the baseline for a parts account

connieseamaster likes this.
  17. TLIGuy Jun 27, 2019

Just a coincidence? Who knows, but a tracking number was provided yesterday and in theory the watch is on its way home.

18. Walrus Jun 27, 2019

Damn that is great to hear. What a watch that is, talk about history

19. TLIGuy Jun 28, 2019

Just to close this out the watch arrived safely back home.

Thanks for the help.

M'Bob, BlackTalon, Horoticus and 4 others like this.
  20. Taddyangle Convicted Invicta Wearer Jun 28, 2019

Sweet. What a relief. Props to you for helping them out.