Forums Latest Members
  1. Sppek1 Jan 14, 2023

Hi there, I am looking for a vintage 1984 Seamaster Recife 396.0984 , understand it’s a hard find but would appreciate if anyone can point me in the right direction.

This is my first post if there is anything wrong with it please let me know.

F4E5D810-340F-451B-84AF-C12AB3732E1D.jpeg
  2. webvan Jan 14, 2023

Welcome to the forum ! You might want to say why you're after that (impossible to find) watch in particular ?

Sppek1 likes this.
  3. efauser I ♥ karma!!! Jan 14, 2023

Set up a search on ebay and watchrecon.com. One might show up tomorrow or the day after you're buried, so be patient.

Mark020, Sppek1 and Duracuir1 like this.
  4. Dan S Jan 14, 2023

Looks like a caterpillar. :D

Fallout Boy and Sppek1 like this.
  5. Sppek1 Jan 14, 2023

Thank you for the warm welcome! It’s actually my first attempt at getting an Omega. The minimal aesthetic caught my eye and it’s a unique piece of history in the omega archive that makes desirable imo. Hopefully it’ is not going to be “too” impossible to find.

STANDY likes this.
  6. Sppek1 Jan 14, 2023

Great idea! Thanks for the tip! Will do just that!

7. Sppek1 Jan 14, 2023

I need a caterpillar crawling up my wrist then

8. VintageMasters Jan 15, 2023

I had and sold a few. Will let you know if I every come across another one.

Sppek1 likes this.
  9. Sppek1 Jan 15, 2023

That would be very much appreciated! Thank you!

10. iamvr Jan 15, 2023

Quite a few „WTB“ type threads lately by people getting around the 200 post rule. I personally don‘t mind as I‘m in the camp that thinks the rule makes sense for selling but not necessarily when you‘re looking for watch.
    But what strikes me is the different treatment the various threads get, from stick-to-rules-or-get-lost type of reactions to quite helpful benign ones like in this thread.

11. webvan Jan 15, 2023

I hadn't thought of this in light of the rules but yes that one was really out of left field, I mean how many people even know about the Recife ! It would certainly have been nice to have a bit of background on how/why, etc...even the reply to that question is somewhat "unexpected" from someone who's "new" to Omega. Oh well, each to their own ;-)

tyrantlizardrex likes this.
  12. nkhandekar Jan 16, 2023

Funnily enough I was just looking at Recifes myself, and the model with a black dial and rotating bezel is rather nice looking, but also rather hard to find.
    [​IMG]
    (Not my photo)

13. spizzatura Jun 26, 2023

Hi -- also new to the forum and would be very interested in the 1984 Seamaster Recife 396.0984 with the grey face if anyone has one they would part with!

14. Makesbelieve Jun 26, 2023

It depends on who responds first as to how the tone of the thread is dictated. If the first responder is friendly, as in this thread, everyone else follows suit. I use the same strategy with my design presentations, always target an ally when asking for initial feedback to the presentation or pitch as they will set the course and mood moving forward.

15. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Jun 26, 2023

Easy to be nice to someone looking for bizarre, obscure, and slim chance of finding in the next year or so watch…..
    Someone seeking a cheap 321 Speedmaster or Connie pie pan is usually a different person ;)

3rdstringholder likes this.
  16. spizzatura Jul 1, 2023

I would like to be on this list as a backup/second! Really would love the smooth one OP sent (preferably grey face)!

17. ollipekka Jul 2, 2023

I would forget about ebay and the auction houses and turn to where most of OF are fishing: Japanese Yahoo Auctions. I am kind of surprised there isn't a sticky guide on top how to start gambling there.

18. spizzatura Jul 6, 2023

Ah -- interesting and thank you! Will look. Are both buyee / auctions.yahoo legit? Any guides you recommend and any idea if they'd generally come up doing a Google image search? That's my general approach for hunting.