Forums Latest Members
  1. gocanucks Feb 5, 2020

Hey everyone, new to this forum and to vintage Omegas in general but had this watch in my ebay watch list that's now gone. I'm curious what you guys think about it, was the price of $380 too steep for something in this condition? My gut tells me yes based on what I've read here so far (on sellers overpricing their pieces). Should I be glad I missed out?

I also can't seem to find a similar looking dial from Googling the ref. 2637-6SC, any insight on what model it is? Possible mismatched case back? Looking for something similar to go after...

Also any insight on whether the dial is redialed or not would be interesting, doesn't appear so but again I am a complete novice so what do I know. ;) The crystal seems to be missing the Omega in the center, based on what I've read this should mean it is not original. Maybe it's good I didn't jump on it.

Thanks guys, appreciation in advance and looking forward to scouring this forum for more learning.

Link to ebay postingPurchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

omega 1.jpg omega 2.jpg omega 3.jpg omega 4.jpg omega 5.jpg omega 6.jpg omega 7.jpg omega 8.jpg omega 9.jpg omega 10.jpg omega 11.jpg

2. shaun hk Fairy nuffer Feb 5, 2020

The dial has most definitely been repainted, therefore of limited value to a collector.
    One of the tells of the redial is the spacing of Swiss Made.
    I suggest you search this forum for a thread titled "learn how to fish"

gocanucks likes this.
  3. shaun hk Fairy nuffer Feb 5, 2020

Looking again the spacing of Swiss Made does not look too bad. Though the Swiss does appear quite thick.
    If the dial is original then the price was reasonable even though the movement looks tired.

gocanucks likes this.