Forums Latest Members
  1. Schaffdawg101 May 11, 2017

Hello. New member here and looking for information on this piece. It's 18k gold and from what I can tell the serial is from 1950s. It's hard to find information on these and just want to make sure I'm not overlooking any information. What would a piece like this go for? Thanks!

IMG_2328.JPG IMG_2330.JPG
  2. tyrantlizardrex May 11, 2017

Welcome along - inside the caseback, should be the model reference number. :thumbsup:

3. Schaffdawg101 May 11, 2017

Unfortunately it's not. A friend of mine said it may have been cased in South America but it's still authentic omega. I'll try to post a pic.

4. UncleBuck understands the decision making hierarchy May 11, 2017

Hi and welcome!
    The gap between the M and E in OMEGA and the length of the hands lead me to believe that this beauty from 1950 has had some work done!
    We must have that inner caseback shot to tell much.

5. Schaffdawg101 May 11, 2017

Good catch on that. Yea there is nothing on the inner caseback. The outside is stamped with 18k

6. kreyke May 11, 2017

Any photo of the crown?

7. François Pépin May 13, 2017

The dial may be original - a better mi would tell. But the case should be one of those South America case with less gold, no Omega logo, no maker hallmark and no serial number. As a collector, I do not consider them to be legit: very different situation from - for instance - the genuine Dennison or French cased Omega. And most often these South America watches are made up with various parts of have huge issues.

Unless the price is very good, I would not buy that - actually, I would not buy that kind of watch in any case but that is me.

The crown does not look genuine - but there is no real genuine crown for such watches... And as Uncle Buck said, there might be an issue with the minutes hand - need a better pic as well.

Davidt likes this.