Forums Latest Members

Looking for info on a vintage Movado

1. leg5malone Mar 1, 2019

I've been sent here from reddit with my brand new account and I don't see an FAQ, so I'm almost certainly doing something wrong here. Please yell at me as needed. What's the best way to post photos here?

https://imgur.com/gallery/sKoAfSV

The link above contains two low-quality photos of a Movado. The garbage photo of the caseback says "14KGOLD" in case you can't read that (because the photo is garbage).

I'd really like to know more about this watch. My old man bought this in 1980. I'd ask him about it but he's dead. It's tiny, as was the style then, but I have a) 8.5"/21.5cm wrists and b) few opportunities to wear a dress watch. I'm not necessarily wanting to sell it, but I do want to know what the hell it is.

I have found exactly one Movado on ebay with the same/similar case shape, but on a gold shark bracelet, but googling the reference number in the ebay post only pulled up the ebay post. I took it to a few vintage jewelers around town (Seattle) and no one remembered having seen this before. One popped the caseback and told me that it has a Zenith movement.

All I know is that it's a gold Movado produced before 1980 with a handwound mechanical Zenith movement. Does anyone here know what this is? Or if you know better resources, I'm all ears.