Forums Latest Members

Looking for help with an Omega De Ville Dress Watch

1. Dogan10 Jan 22, 2017

Hello, could you please help me to identify the model, app. model year and wheather it is original or redialed etc. It's not in a very good condition but i like the model, and look. I think this has also 610 or 611. Additionally do you have any ideas about the price? Seller wanted € 200 for the watch. Thank you for your help. IMG_1475.JPG

2. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Jan 22, 2017

Hi mate I've moved this into its own thread rather than being tacked onto the end of that other one

Dogan10 likes this.
  3. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Jan 22, 2017

Incidentally I'm not overly familiar with this line of De Ville, but I'm fairly sure those hands are actually meant to be on a Geneve Dynamic not a De Ville.

Dogan10 and EdtheAussie like this.
  4. Vicke Jan 22, 2017

Those hands do not belong to that watch as dsio say's.
    Other than that it's hard to tell anything about it without more information. (You're guess about the caliber options are probably right)

Read the Vintage Omega Posting Guide, do some research, and then get back here with what you know about the watch.

Dogan10 likes this.
  5. Edward53 Jan 22, 2017

The tension ring doesn't fit tightly and for some reason the hands have been painted white by someone without much skill. As already mentioned, they aren't even the right hands. This watch doesn't have much going for it.

Dogan10 likes this.
  6. Dogan10 Jan 23, 2017

Dear All, thank you very much for your help.

When I wanted to get information about the serial of the watch, the dealer said that "in order to open this watch I have to remove the glass and it is quite difficult. On the other hand the glass should be changed every single opening process". After this conversation I am confused and decided to look around for other Omega watches. I hope i will come back here with more detailed information again. Thank you again.

7. Vicke Jan 23, 2017

That dealer obviously does not want you money. You're doing the right thing when you walk away.