Looking for advice on nice vintage shops on Manhattan, NYC

Hi Forum Friends!

I am going for a nice vacation to Manhattan,
and I wonder if you Guys and Gals have some nice vintage watch dealers/shops that you could recommend?
We are going to stay close to the UN building, but I have no problem moving around.

I am also happy to receive advice on watch/space related attractions, museums etc!

Looking forward to some nice answers!

Like 1
MOMA and the Met are must sees. Lots of watch boutiques but not sure which vintage shops are still around. Get a Citizen bike and ride through the park.

Like 1
Danny’s on 47th usually has some fun vintage pieces.

Sushi Yasuda on 42nd has sushi that hasn’t been turned into influencer abominations.

Like 1
Lots of shops in the diamond district sell used watches. But all are at heavily inflated prices because they expect you to haggle. Even then, they are unlikely to come down to the price you can find from a private seller. And I have seen fakes in stores being sold as real — they are generally good on identifying fake Rolexes because they handle a lot of them, but don’t know as much about other brands.

Unless you really know what you are doing, I’d just window shop.

Like 2
Tempvs Fvgit in Chelsea is a nice spot.

Also the flea market across the street every weekend... Always worth to take a look.

Like 2
Hi Guys!

Thanks for all your nice advise, I will have a lot to do now!
:)

Not a vintage watch but sorta related… I was at a TAG event for the new Carrera x Porsche Chronosprint models at Manhattan Motorcars Porsche last night and they have a Carrera RS for sale in the showroom. Worth a stop and a look if you’re into that stuff!

IMG_2379.jpeg

IMG_2380.jpeg

Like 7
The company I worked for in NYC had a storage unit right there on 27th between 11th and the highway.
Every time I went, I just had to make the stop there. I miss that lol.

If you find yourself in the Upper East Side, go to Mariella Pizza on Lexington and 70th.
About a 10 min walk from the Met.

Like 2
@hansaboy if you have the time Grand Central Watch could be a fun watch related spot to visit. They service vintage Watches and I believe also seek some too. As the name suggests they located in Grand Central Station between track 38 & 39. I haven’t been but it’s on my list for the next time I’m in the city.

Like 3
Lots of shops in the diamond district sell used watches. But all are at heavily inflated prices because they expect you to haggle. Even then, they are unlikely to come down to the price you can find from a private seller. And I have seen fakes in stores being sold as real — they are generally good on identifying fake Rolexes because they handle a lot of them, but don’t know as much about other brands.

Unless you really know what you are doing, I’d just window shop.
Tons of watches, and silly prices, but fun!!

IMG_3733.jpeg IMG_3730.jpeg IMG_3734.jpeg

Like 5
The company I worked for in NYC had a storage unit right there on 27th between 11th and the highway.
Every time I went, I just had to make the stop there. I miss that lol.

They're up on 51st now, still on 11th though

If you find yourself in the Upper East Side, go to Mariella Pizza on Lexington and 70th.

I was about to say what do you mean Upper East Side, they were on Broadway in the upper 50s but it looks like they moved.

Excellent pizza though, hope it's still good in the new spot

Like 1
Canal St has all kind of watches!!
Best Rolex I ever bought. The battery lasted nearly 10’yrs

Best
;)

Like 1
They're up on 51st now, still on 11th though

I was about to say what do you mean Upper East Side, they were on Broadway in the upper 50s but it looks like they moved.

Excellent pizza though, hope it's still good in the new spot

All my info is about 10 years old at this point hah.
I didn't know Porsche moved. Also, the Mariella's on Lex has been there for at least 15 years.
I lived above it for some of those years,it was still my favorite around. And I traveled all around for work and "sampled" all kinds lol

Like 1
John Criscitiello at 70 Bowery if you are downtown. A rag tag assortment of vintage watches. An old timer who will talk for hours about watches if you’re up for it.

Like 2
Went in to the Rolex dealer in Chelsea, really nice people!
Even got an espresso, and talked watches.
Of course no one to sell.....:rolleyes:

And took a lovely cruise to see the Statue of Liberty!

IMG_3821.JPG IMG_3820.JPG IMG_3819.JPG IMG_3818.JPG

IMG_3859.JPG

Like 6
Canal St has all kind of watches!!
Best Rolex I ever bought. The battery lasted nearly 10’yrs

Best
;)
Ha ha when I was 20 and had no deep interest in watches I picked up a steal bracelet (actually lasted) Cellini and that thing lasted 12 years. I was bummed out when it died I didn’t care about the Rolex thing it had just become my buddy.

I did end up getting a real Cellini in the diamond district a few years later. Sold it to watch box so I could get an omega and some other things.

Like 2