Forums Latest Members
  1. derenercin Feb 25, 2021

I own a vintage omega constellation and I’m looking for an official omega bracelet to fit the watch currently I’ve tried a few generic ones but I would ideally like an official one, does anyone have any ideas as to why would fit upload_2021-2-25_22-47-46.png
    upload_2021-2-25_22-49-16.jpeg

2. TexOmega Feb 25, 2021

On Omega Bracelets, use the search function and I bet you will find all the info available. There is a nice thread, detailed with pictures.

3. derenercin Feb 25, 2021

Thank you

4. blueteg Feb 27, 2021

If you have the reference number for your watch, you can try looking it up in the tables here:
    https://omegaforums.net/threads/case-bracelet-endpiece-list.81618/

That will give you the original bracelet/endlink configuration(s). From there you can search here or Ebay to see if there is anyone selling one that matches your requirement.

5. derenercin Feb 27, 2021

Hi, thank you for the response! The reference is 168.025 which isn’t on that sheet, I do believe it’s an uncommon reference for a constellation so it’s proving difficult to find the correct bracelet for it, any idea of other threads or places to look?

6. masteroftime Feb 27, 2021

I don't personally know of any other threads, but I checked another list that I have and I could'f find this reference either. I'm going to venture to guess that this watch may have never been meant to be put on a bracelet. Is it solid gold? If so, it could have probably taken one of those uncommon gold bracelets that are often found soldered to cases. I've never come across a list for those and they're rather difficult to find.

One thing you can try is to google the reference and see what comes up when you look at watches for sale and previous listings. The photos and descriptions could mention a bracelet reference number. I did that quickly and the vast majority of this reference were on leather, but I found a few steel ones on OEM milanese/mesh bracelets and a gold one on the uncommon gold bracelets that I already mentioned.

I do know that if you send the watch in to Omega/Swatch US, they can check their records and potentially help you if they have a set of bracelet/endlinks lying around in their stock. I tried to inquire by phone about an old seamaster, but they were adamant that their computer system "didn't have such information" and that their service department would have to review the piece and give a quote.

7. masteroftime Feb 27, 2021

FYI, this is an example of what I was talking about. This one is removable, but some of them weren't. You would obviously need a straight one to fit your case.
    11050411_fullsize.jpg
    (not my photo and this particular example has an extension that was done later because these were often cut to size).

8. derenercin Feb 27, 2021

Thank you, I’m pretty sure it’s solid gold. I do believe originally the watch was on a mesh bracelet but a few watchmakers have told me there are certain beads of rice bracelets that may fit as well which I’m uncertain about. I have been in contact with Omega and I’m waiting for a response but as you say it’s likely they’ll require me to send the watch in.

It does look as though a NOS strap may be the best option but I will keep searching for the correct bracelet although it’s an uphill task given how rare they are for this particular model. Thank you for your responses you’ve been very helpful it’s much appreciated.