Forums Latest Members

Looking for a long lost vintage Omega Seamaster 300.

1. Vintagetimer Jul 2, 2013

Hi, I am new to this forum and don't know if this is the place to start a thread about a watch that belonged to my wife's father. It was an Omega Seamaster 300 circa 1968 to 1970. He was a skin diver and wore this watch the day he died. It was with my wife for many years but then she gave it to her brother He is the only son and she thought it should be his. Unfortunately he pawned the watch somewhere in Perth Australia. The watch had my father- in-laws blood type engraved on it. I won't say where or what the blood type is but if anyone knows the whereabouts of this watch I would be very keen to purchase it, I am willing to pay above market value if that is what it takes to find the watch. I hope that someone may know its whereabouts. Thank you for taking the time to read this

2. ulackfocus Jul 2, 2013

Wow.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I wish you luck!

3. Vintagetimer Jul 2, 2013

Thanks, totally agree but you have to start somewhere. Everything starts with a dream, just hope it's not a nightmare.

4. Hijak Jul 2, 2013

Its worth a try...how many Omega 300s from that period have an engraving of a certain blood type? Not too many one would presume, keep the faith Vintagetimer. use as many outlets as you can, you just might get lucky!

5. Vintagetimer Jul 2, 2013

Well at least I can eliminate two people from my search now :). Thanks for the encouragement.

6. Alpha Kilt Owner, Beagle Parent, Omega Collector Jul 2, 2013

7. Central Scrutinizer hangs out in Joe's garage Jul 2, 2013

I commend you on your desire to find your father in-law's watch and it it sad to hear how it left the family's possession. Hopefully the case back hasn't been replaced with a new one to make it shiny and new looking. My advice is to post on the major forums and keep an eye out on all the FS sites. If it is meant to be, these type of things sometimes have a strange way of finding their way to their rightful homes. Good luck.

8. Vintagetimer Jul 2, 2013

9. Vintagetimer Jul 2, 2013

Thank you will give it a go. Cheers

10. Vintagetimer Jul 2, 2013

thats what I am hoping for. Don't want the watch for myself but think that it would be great to find it for my son.