Forums Latest Members
  1. Leito Aug 15, 2019

Greetings,

I never owned a watch that wasn't a smart watch and i decided to fix this.
    I like the looks of Speedmaster but i don't think i am quite ready for the manual yet — owning watches that needs bi-weekly charging was quite a stress to be honest and i would probably want to avoid it in the future.

Seeing how i can't have an automatic 42mm i think i am happy to settle with a different size. Having browsed the forum for a bit it seems like my options are 3513.53 and 3513.50. I am probably looking for something in a very good condition. Now to the list of questions :p

1. Are those 2 models provide the best movement / value?
    2. Is it even possible to find something in a very good condition form those times?
    3. Are there any decent sellers around London where i can see those watches used and potentially buy?
    4. I heard that ebay is a good source of nicely priced watches but having looked over the course of last month i can't seem to find anything in a good condition below $2000+(ish). Any tips? At this point i am almost thinking that i might just as well go and buy new one. I would obviously prefer to pay less though and i like some of the historical models too.

Thank you!

2. Risto Aug 15, 2019

Can't comment on those models.

I've owned "reduced" Speedmaster automatic (39mm), but it still bothered me that it wasn't "the real" Speedmaster. Sold it.
    Then I got the hesalite modern Pro and loved it to bits.
    You wind it up every morning, it's a nice routine, just like you brush your teeth.
    And if you forget winding it up and the watch stops, I guess you check the time from your phone anyway.

You can get nice Pro for 3000 USD. It's totally worth the money!
    I sold my Pro and now have FOIS.

Fabien likes this.
  3. Kokito Aug 15, 2019

Let’s look at 3511.50. It’s more similar to the normal speedy. Movement is based on vj7750, easy to service and replacement parts.

2k$ is a good budget. 902FD60B-1AA3-43FA-B86B-70A554F29679.jpeg

4. Leito Aug 16, 2019

Looks interesting. I am not a big fan of steel bracelets but i am guessing it will look good on leather strap as well.
    Anything you can telll me about jp edition 3513.53 by the way? Anything different about them beside looks?

[​IMG]