Forums Latest Members

Looking for a bezel insert maker.

1. MoclovFlop Do the Electric Boogaloo. Dec 3, 2019

First and foremost - not looking to make a run at the DON or blueberry bezel market. Just need a one-off.

I have an early Calendar Auto Orient diver that is missing it's insert, so I wanted to see if any of you fine folks had a source for someone who can make one.

I've done ton of research, looked for about a year and a half, combed old posts on other forums, reached out to sign makers, prototypers, etc. But have always come up empty handed. I have one contact in Indonesia who makes similar stuff and has actually made another (different style) bezel insert for me in the past, but he's gone off the radar.

It's a very large and odd size, so every donor watch or replica insert from another brand won't fit. I've tried as many as I could find. I have all the specs, and would take anodized aluminum or the correct stainless construction. Original version had a slight dome and was a tension fit, but I'll take flat and some double sided tape at this point.

So... Anyone willing to DM me someone that might be able to help me out? Pic below of the watch in question, and the 2 other watches it took to get one semi-complete watch. And another pic of what a complete one looks like.

TIA for any help!

Screen Shot 2019-12-03 at 10.30.02 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-12-03 at 10.37.40 AM.png

2. OMEGuy Dec 3, 2019

A bezel or bezel insert is maybe the most difficult part of the watch, when it comes to the point, that you need a new one. I don't know for sure, where you'll find your solution, but I guess you'll have to check out either the Chinese market (just to have it said, while not recommending it) or address to the Swiss companies that did this bezel thing before. You might contact Coloral in Switzerland, for example, who did numerous jobs for the known companies in the past and still do today.

Then there is Aldo Feruglio in Italy (www.milwatchmaker.com), who makes excellent Repros of bakelite inserts for the Seamaster 300, but I guess that won't help here? Well, maybe he knows someone?

Hard task - Good luck!

MoclovFlop likes this.
  3. MoclovFlop Do the Electric Boogaloo. Dec 3, 2019

@OMEGuy - Thanks. Yeah part of the problem is the scale. Since I only need one, I know for fairly certain that any of those big name OEM suppliers won't help. I need a hobbyist who's OK with making a single piece. And with that, I'm flexible in construction and materials. Previous guy uses a table top CNC router/engraver. I'd be OK with that same deal again. Beggars can't be choosers.