Looking for 2849-11sc with cross hair dial.

I'm on the hunt for an omega seamaster ref. 2849-11sc with cross hair dial. I owned one for many years that I really enjoyed and unfortunately was stolen during a burglary of my home. Any help I would appreciate. This one is listed on ebay but I think the asking price of 1400 is a little steep for gold plated.

Man I hate thieves. But yes the price is incredibly steep for a watch that has significant wear on the plating. Was your original watch plated? Or stainless?

A nice 2849 could pop up here on the private listings or you could always wait to hit 200 posts so you could list a WTB.

Like 2
This example doesn’t look particularly attractive IMO. The dial has some spotting, the date wheel has aged a lot, the second hand was replaced and the case is in quite bad shape - look at the bottom left lug - the plating is gone and it’s has large scratches.

Price considération aside, I think it’s usually best to target a much better condition, otherwise you end up quickly regretting!
Edited:

Man I hate thieves. But yes the price is incredibly steep for a watch that has significant wear on the plating. Was your original watch plated? Or stainless?

A nice 2849 could pop up here on the private listings or you could always wait to hit 200 posts so you could list a WTB.
Gold plated stainless steel

This example doesn’t look particularly attractive IMO. The dial has some spotting, the date wheel has aged a lot, the second hand was replaced and the case is in quite bad shape - look at the bottom left lug - the plating is gone and it’s has large scratches.

Price considération aside, I think it’s usually best to target a much better condition, otherwise you end up quickly regretting!
Absolutely I was just using this one for something everyone could see. Not everyone is familiar with 2849. Doesn't seem to be that popular

Gold plated stainless steel
So gold capped? Big difference between capped and plated so be aware during your search.

It has also an incorrect crown.

Like 1
A
So gold capped? Big difference between capped and plated so be aware during your search.[/QUOTE
Are you talking about gold filled? Bc capped and plated are the same where I come from. Just a 34 mill sheet of gold that really doesn't amount to anything.
Gold filled is most of the time 5 percent

The crosshairs don't usually go across the top of the lume dots. And when the gold cap is worn through on the lugs, that's not a good sign. That watch is crap.

Anyway, there are a number of other chunky lug Seamasters that you can potentially add to your list. No need to limit yourself to just the one reference, and certainly no need to limit yourself to that specific production run. For example, you would probably like a ref. 2846 with the right dial, if you're not dead set on having a date function. Just think how nice that watch would be without the date window to ruin the symmetry.
Edited:

Like 1
I
The crosshairs don't usually go across the top of the lume dots. And when the gold cap is worn through on the lugs, that's not a good sign. That watch is crap.

Anyway, there are a number of other chunky lug Seamasters that you can potentially add to your list. No need to limit yourself to just the one reference, and certainly no need to limit yourself to that specific production run. For example, you would probably like a ref. 2846 with the right dial, if you're not dead set on having a date function. Just think how nice that watch would be without the date window to ruin the symmetry.
I only put the picture for reference to what the watch looks like im definitely not interested in purchasing the one I posted. Just for reference

I
I only put the picture for reference to what the watch looks like im definitely not interested in purchasing the one I posted. Just for reference
When you mentioned that you felt the price was high, I think many of us thought you were looking for feedback. But I guess that wasn't needed.

Like 1