Forums Latest Members
  1. Dre Apr 15, 2017

Hi OF,

For sale is my Longines watch, I purchased this watch from our very own Longines enthusiast, @DirtyDozen12

Dial: 100% original dial with patina, Swiss signed on the bottom, and un-common applied breguet numerals fr this style. All original hands.
    Case: Staybrite steel tre tacche, though gashed, the crown is original to the watch, it is possible that someone did this back in the day to makes the winding easier.
    Movement: Cal 10.68, no service history, keeping good time.

The watch measures 31mm excluding crown. Triple signed on the dial, caseback and movement. This is probably one of the best combination in Longines time-only, with the breguet numerals combined with step case and tre tacche case back.

These cases were among the first, if not the first, watches in which the case back screwed onto the case in order to help increase water resistance and keep dust and moisture out of the watch. They were particularly targeted toward military personnel and those that would need tough watches for their jobs. The tre tacche cases have fantastic stepped bezels and great chunky cases like this particular watch that I'm offering. The number on the case back is also matches with the number on one of the lugs, which is common and correct for this reference.

If I had bought it somewhere else and not from another OF member, I'd priced this much higher because I would've paid much more as well. I'm just passing it on as I'm sure other members here will get a lot more wear of the watch.

The watch is sold as is head and Longines extract of archives included, no box or papers. Priced at 600USD + shipping. Paypal or bank wire only.

Thanks heaps

Andre

File_004.jpeg File_005.jpeg File_006.jpeg File_000.jpeg File_002.jpeg File_001.jpeg File_003 (1).jpeg

2. Hijak Apr 15, 2017

Larry S, Dre, oddboy and 1 other person like this.
  3. Syrte MWR Tech Support Dept Apr 15, 2017

Thanks so much @Hijak, so nice to have pals on the look out :)
    Sweet one, but alas I'm on another target.
    GLWS!

oddboy and Hijak like this.
  4. Dre Apr 16, 2017

Sold, thanks OF and all the interested parties.

5. kpaxsg May 3, 2017

A little off topic, I just received a tacche but I think is a fix lug, kind of difficult to find interesting strap or even bracelet, any good recommendations? Thanks!

6. Dre May 3, 2017

7. kpaxsg May 3, 2017

Thanks
    IMG_3224.JPG
    This looks nice, but wander what brand the bracelet possibly be?

8. Syrte MWR Tech Support Dept May 3, 2017

9. DirtyDozen12 Thanks, mystery donor! May 3, 2017

Not an expert on these but it could be a Bonklip.

10. Dre May 3, 2017

Gay Freres, a little bit harder to find in decent condition than Bonklip. And it will require custom fitting to fit the bracelet into the fixed bars. Why don't you share some photos of your watch now? ;)

11. kpaxsg May 3, 2017

Just a simple one of the smallest in my collection, same size as a seikosha.....
    Rare Military Black Dial S.Steel Longines Watch WWII Cal 10.68Z Waterproof 2.jpg Rare Military Black Dial S.Steel Longines Watch WWII Cal 10.68Z Waterproof 1.jpg

12. kpaxsg May 11, 2017

Is it possible to remove fixed lugs (cutting it) and replace with normal spring bars?

13. JimInOz Melbourne Australia May 11, 2017

Part One - Cutting out the old ones - Easy.

Part Two - A bit harder. Would require a precision mill and the springbar holes would have to be full through the lug.

I suspect the value of the watch would be seriously degraded though.

14. Syrte MWR Tech Support Dept May 11, 2017

This watch has lingered on Ebay for a while, are you the buyer or the seller?

PS- I'm not talking about the nice one sold on top this thread, which is being diverted. I'm talking about the black dialed one @kpaxsg posted at the end of the initial thread.

@kpaxsg, maybe consider creating your own thread?
    If you're the buyer, I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but this dial has been refinished to give the erroneous impression it is a British military watch-- which it isn't.
    If you just bought it and can use Paypal protection you might consider trying to return it for a refund because it is not what it was sold as.
    I think it was even flagged in the "problem Longines" thread.
    If you do not want or cannot return it, then you should perhaps consider leaving the lugs alone to avoid damaging its worth further. There are plenty of nice vintage straps available for those lugs.
    Best regards,
    S

Edited May 11, 2017