Forums Latest Members

Longines Silvergines.... aka Silver Arrow

1. Bill Sohne Bill @ ΩF Staff Member Mar 10, 2018

Hi Guys

I have a few Longines Silver Arrows ( Slvergines ) and a two Golden Arrows ( may be one is a Goldengines....)

One rule I never broke was to but a Silver Arrow with gold dial and hands , they would always be monochrome.... Steel / WG hands and markers on a silvered dial.....

Well I came across a near mint example sans broken crystal and slight oxidation to the dial..... case is in fantastic shape and caseback etching is near perfect as if it has not been worn.... It also have its Longines signed fix-o-flex bracelet with original end pieces... It was not inexpensive.... but to buy this watch I had to break that one rule I never broke and would joke with others.... How can that be a Silver Arrow with yellow gold Markers and hands?

So this is MY Counter intuitive exception to my Rule...for a Silver Arrow Silvergines w/ Black dial with Yellow Gold hands and markers..... ( I have a All guard in black with WG markers somewhere and that is also uncommon ).

Enjoy .... I should have it next week sometime...

dial1.jpg dial2.jpg dial3.jpg back.jpg mov1.jpg back2.jpg crack.jpg crack2.jpg crack3.jpg reg1.jpg crown.jpg

Good Hunting

Bill Sohne

LesXL, divetime, pitpro and 11 others like this.
  2. ulackfocus Mar 10, 2018

I’d have broken any self-imposed rules to grab that too. There just aren’t many examples to begin with, let alone black dials with crisp cases like that.

::love:: :thumbsup:

3. Bill Sohne Bill @ ΩF Staff Member Mar 10, 2018

broke the piggy on that one !!hahahaha

4. ClarendonVintage Mar 10, 2018

To the untrained eye this is just a Longines, a.k.a something like a Tissot, with some classic script scribbled below the logo...somewhere out there an old timer is swirling his Silvergine/All Guard to get it working again, before shaking his head and tossing it into the bin (and get a shiny quartz Rotary instead)

That was my uninteresting muse of the day. I wonder how many of these gems are beneath the radar and undiscovered.

Great looking model anyway!

ConElPueblo likes this.
  5. Bill Sohne Bill @ ΩF Staff Member Mar 10, 2018

Hi @ClarendonVintage

That is what people said about Seamasters and the such ... been a collector since forever .. .watches since the late 80s then a break and back into it in the 90s.

To each his or her own.....

good Hunting

best

bill

ClarendonVintage likes this.
  6. Seacow Mar 10, 2018

Are those interchangeable with each other? :thumbsup:

7. yako54 Mar 10, 2018

Love those Silvergines aka Silver Arrows too! Stunning example, Bill! Killer caseback! ::love::Haven't seen one that nice before. One can imagine the enthusiasm at the outset of jet age by starring at that case back.

divetime and Bill Sohne like this.
  8. dougiedude Carpe horologium! Mar 10, 2018

Simply Gorgeous! ::love::

Thanks for sharing, Bill!

Edit: Oh, and DIBS Please!!

9. Tony C. Ωf Jury member Mar 10, 2018

A real rarity, not only because the of dial, but the case back is the best preserved that I have seen.

Congrats!

10. Rman Mar 10, 2018

Obligatory Silverjeans image

Screen Shot 2018-03-10 at 10.32.18 AM.png