Forums Latest Members

SOLD Longines S/S 'Date at 12', Rail track dial Cal 341 (fully serviced) £375

1. Spike Sep 30, 2016

Offered here for sale is my very nice 1964 Longines ‘date at 12’. Asking £375 shipped in the UK, (all other destinations at cost).

MAIN2.jpg
    The watch had a full strip down service in the early part of 2015 by my watchmaker at which time he replaced the main auto winding wheel with a NOS part (sourced by me in Europe) as he felt the auto-wind wasn't as smooth as he would have liked. The watch also had a light inscription removed at that time as well from the case back.
    BACK.jpg
    MAIN1.jpg
    Since its service it has spent most of its time locked away in the safe so with a holiday coming up to San Fransisco & San Diego, my dear wife is asking me to come up with some more spending money!
    FRONT CLOSE2.jpg
    Being a 'front loader' I'm only able to show a quick shot I took at the time when it went it for service, I'm unable to show any other pictures than this as I don't have the tools (or skills) to remove the movement!
    MOVEMENT.jpg
    INSIDE CASE.jpg
    The watch is actually running at +40 secs over a 24hr period. My old guys timing machine broke whilst regulating this and I was supposed to take it back to have it tweaked. My bad, I never did and now he is waiting on cataract surgery and is unable to work. Therefore if those seconds are important to you a regulation tweak is recommended, it does not need servicing though. It winds and sets smoothly and the date changes right on 12pm.
    SIDE VIEW.jpg
    WRIST.jpg
    OTHER SIDE.jpg
    CROWN SIDE.jpg
    The sunburst dial is in very nice clean condition but does show light servicing marks/blemishes and a light scratch under certain lighting conditions and by close up photography. I taken some close ups below with an iPhone 5s 'macro' lens fitted at different times of the day and on different days so please study all the pictures included here to satisfy yourself on its general condition. It looks lovely on the wrist......
    FRONT CLOSE 3.JPG
    FRONT CLOSE4.JPG

FRONT CLOSE.JPG
    If you require anymore photos I'll do my best to take some more over this weekend.

LONGINES.jpg

As a private seller I'm unable to accept returns as I'll be spending the proceeds on lots of burgers, burrito's and craft beers while away before my wife can get her hands on it for another pair of new shoes:) so please study all the photos carefully as they describe the watch better than words can....although I've had a good go!

£375, UK shipping included with all other destinations at cost. Payment in Sterling by bank transfer or by Paypal at no cost to me (gift).

I do have some selling references on the forum under my user name of 'Spike'

Thanks for looking and any questions just ask!

2. JohnSteed Sep 30, 2016

Rail Track LONGINES???

:thumbsup:

3. Spike Sep 30, 2016

Sold to a fine forum fellow..........many thanks to the buyer and to the forum for being able to sell here:thumbsup:

JohnSteed and Jacquot like this.
  4. dougiedude Carpe horologium! Sep 30, 2016

...and I missed another one!?

As they say, 'Snooze, you loose'!

'Lots of fish in the sea'... I still want one of these...

Congrats to both :thumbsup:

JohnSteed, Spike and Severin like this.