Forums Latest Members

Longines conquest calendar

1. PHPHD Dec 17, 2015

Hi

Just wondering if anyone has thoughts on this?

(Seller's pics).

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg
    Best

2. dragoman Dec 17, 2015

It is a Longines Conquest 19ASD, with a solid 18K gold case, but I suppose you already knew it.

The minute trail looks funny.

Markers at 12, 3, 6 and 9 should step on the trail, while the other markers should be clear off the trail. In front of the little markers there should be a paint dot or a tritium dot (in this case I would say a tritium dot, since the hands look like they once had tritium.

On the other hand, the script looks fine, so maybe this is another iterance of the Conquest Calendar.

This is a tritium dial, with just Swiss under 6 (as opposed to Swiss Made):

[​IMG]

I just can't find a clear example of a dial without tritium spot, but I believe there must be an example in the Longines forum, as there is another member looking for a conquest calendar.

There must be somethint in the air.

By the way, the price, after heavy discount, is quite reasonable, even though the medallion is not perfect.

3. PHPHD Dec 17, 2015

I know - I thought the dial looked a bit weird without the tritium spot too. The seller is asking for EUR1100 - which seems fair if the originality of the dial checks out.

4. dragoman Dec 17, 2015

Oh, the seller is asking 1000 EUR at ebay, after trying, unsuccessfully to sell it for several hundreds more:

http://www.ebay.es/sch/vavvo70/m.ht...6G&LH_Complete=1&rt=nc&_trksid=p2046732.m1684Purchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

And trust me, a better, black dialed one was sold not so long ago for less than 1000 EUR, although it is true that here, as in finances, past prices do not necessarily predict future ones, they may be a good bargain chip.

5. ulackfocus Dec 17, 2015

The watch in the original post is a redial. The "C" in Automatic does not dip lower than the other letters like it should.

dragoman likes this.
  6. PHPHD Dec 17, 2015

Got it - thanks!

7. dragoman Dec 18, 2015

And neither does the A.

There was a reason for the skewed angle... although in second thoughts, also the r in calendar and the C in conquest look off.

8. minutenrohr Dec 18, 2015

Here is my "Swiss made" original dial. I think PHPHDs is a redial, a nicer one. Lume Hands without lume on the dial is strange. Some italian sellers are not too honest, too much ottime perfettamento...I think it´s perfectly polished and redialed.
    [​IMG]

9. ulackfocus Dec 18, 2015

Correct - but the first thing I look for because it's the easiest to spot is the last C. If that doesn't pass muster, no sense looking for further proof. The watch is dismissed and I go on to the next 19ASD!

dragoman likes this.
  10. PHPHD Dec 18, 2015

Thanks for the help! Much appreciated.

11. Adam2941 Dec 28, 2015

I believe this is already settled, but what also gives away the watch at the top of this post as a redial is the fact that the hands have luminous material, but the dial does not. Hands and dial must always match in this regard.