Forums Latest Members

Longines Conquest 9000 - black dial query

1. Spinakerr Mar 14, 2021

Hi all - I just purchased a 9000 with a black dial and am awaiting delivery, and I'm hoping some of the experts here can help me with a question on dials and hand variations.

Did the 9000 without date ship with gold markers & hands in a stainless case, with a black dial?

[​IMG]

I found plenty of examples of the silver and white variants shipping with gold furniture and hands, and plenty of later calendars (9004) with the same, but none for a black dial without date.

The seller supplied some great info on the history of the watch, purchased new by his uncle and definitely untouched for many decades, but given the non-original crown I'm sure it was serviced at the start of its life.

Any info greatly received - I looked at previous threads but nothing conclusive.

Thanks.

2. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Mar 14, 2021

3. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Mar 14, 2021

Andsan likes this.
  4. Spinakerr Mar 14, 2021

Great, thanks - yes I saw them on gold capped and gold cases, but will be delving a little deeper!

Hope to track down a crown as well, but those original ones are understandably fetching quite a premium nowadays.

5. DirtyDozen12 Thanks, mystery donor! Mar 14, 2021

6. Spinakerr Mar 19, 2021

Thanks all - much appreciated.

The watch arrived this week and looks fantastic - a few scars but I believe all original and just about running! Definitely stored for 40 years in a sock draw (cliche alert) - the amount of dust this had and the degeneration of the strap was quite incredible.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Now I'm on the hunt for a correct 9000 series crown... oh dear I didn't realise people were charging $100 for these...

Sam11 likes this.