Forums Latest Members
  1. lpestre Sep 22, 2019

Hello Everyone,

I have this little Longines and I found very little infos about it. I have seen people calling this ref Sei Tacche.

[​IMG]

2. 64Wing Sep 22, 2019

Hmm... Mysterious isn't it?

Have you checked with Longines yet?

jaguar11 likes this.
  3. DirtyDozen12 Thanks, mystery donor! Sep 23, 2019

"Sei Tacche" translates to "six notches" in Italian. This name refers to the case-back design and is in contrast to Longines' earlier waterproof watches that have case-backs with three notches.

4. 64Wing Sep 23, 2019

I wonder why six would be less (if I'm understanding you correctly) water resistance than three.

I wish I could speak Italian.. *sobs

5. X350 XJR Vintage Omega Aficionado Sep 23, 2019

You're not understanding correctly, the reference is the number of notches cut into the case back used to undo the back, three notches vs six.

Syrte and DirtyDozen12 like this.
  6. 64Wing Sep 23, 2019

Had to re-read your post! I understand now :thumbsup: thank you!

7. Syrte MWR Tech Support Dept Sep 24, 2019

Based on the dial design, logo design and crown design it is a model from the early fifties.

Those watch models did not have names at the time, the screw back cases were just marketed as waterproof.

The label « sei tacche » is a physical description which Italian collectors started using in more recent years. Some time ago I had discussions with an Italian collector who’s been collecting Longines since 2003 and he told me he was the one who had coined the word.

Edit/ add: if you ask a professional watchmaker to open it, you should write down the serial number of the movement, take pictures of the movement and the inside of the case back, and with those Longines can tell you the exact date it was sold to a distributor, and the country where it was sold.
    With that you’ll know as much as can be known about your watch.

8. lpestre Sep 24, 2019

Thank you. I didn't know Longines offered this type of service. This is crazy to believe that you can ask extract from the archives to so many watch brand and only Rolex doesn't provide it.