Forums Latest Members
  1. Dablitzer May 9, 2013

I had the opportunity to see some watches locally today, didn't pick up anything, merely to see what the dealer was asking for some IMO mediocre pieces...

I'd like people's thoughts and what amounts they would put on these watches, excuse the rough snaps, and also lack of caseback and movement shots...

A simple 18k Bumper Cal. 341
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1368126862.456135.jpg

Another bumper 14k
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1368126898.372218.jpg

Omega Chronostop with original bracelet and oversized case
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1368126928.972265.jpg

An Omega Chronograph 18k YG
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1368126968.989534.jpg

There were much more but mainly early rolex, an omega trench watch, and a few less sought after omega, Geneve's, seamasters.

What have you been lucky enough to pick up locally?

2. Alpenschneerot May 9, 2013

Hi Alex,
    I have never seen such a Patek before ???::confused2::
    The Omegas have too much patina for me. For a clear decision , you have to see condition of movement, caseback etc.
    I don`t think I would spent my money for these watches. It´s better to invest in better pieces.
    Reiner

3. Dablitzer May 9, 2013

Hi Reiner.

I know what you mean about the Patek, I'm not familiar with that dial (redial) at all. I'm not saying I want to collect these. I just want to get a feel for what people would spend on certain pieces. As you've seen most of my watches you'll know I don't like over polished examples unless they are very rare like my pink gold and black dial connie which I had to have because its so beautiful to me.