Forums Latest Members

Linde Werdelin Oktopus Moon Tattoo Revealed

1. Robert-Jan #SpeedyTuesday Nov 12, 2013

[​IMG]

Linde Werdelin, friend of the show for many years now, is introducing a new member of the Oktopus-family. As you probably know by now, the Linde Werdelin has two pillars, the Spido and the Oktopus. This Oktopus Moon Tattoo is their most prestigious piece to date, as they claim in their press release. A few years ago, Linde Werdelin already showed us the art of a tattooed Oktopus watch and in 2010 they introduced us the Oktopus Moon as well (limited to 29 pieces). Although it is still possible to add-on Linde Werdelin’s The Reef instrument, we are guessing that […]
    Click here to read the entire article: Linde Werdelin Oktopus Moon Tattoo Revealed

2. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Nov 13, 2013

I admit I've only ever held one of these brand's watches in my hands (a few years ago), and it felt cheap, and the rotating bezel was very loose/sloppy. Now a sample of 1 is hardly representative, but to me they seemed to cost a lot for what they are.

Cheers, Al

3. Robert-Jan #SpeedyTuesday Nov 13, 2013

Hi Al,

I actually owned a Linde Werdelin 3-Timer and I love it (until I needed to create some funds for an AP). It was a well-thought of watch in design. However, I also know the samples they have and send around can get sloppy some times with regards to the bezel, especially on the older models this could be the case.

They definitely do not come cheap, but I think they aim at a different customer these days as well. They used to start around 3500 GBP but the low production numbers and lack of procurement power (and complex case construction) make them quite expensive to produce as well. I think the buyer who leans more towards exclusivity and 'lifestyle' has no problems paying premium for that.

Anyway, you should try one of these new models. They will surprise you.

RJ

4. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Nov 14, 2013

"the buyer who leans more towards exclusivity and 'lifestyle' "

Not really sure what this means - sounds like marketing spin. ;)

Anyway, these are not my personal style, so I would pass on them, and for sure for the money they are asking there is a big list of watches that I would buy before I bought one of these.

But they are interesting to say the least.

Cheers, Al