Forums Latest Members

Likely to be the original hands on this Constellation?

1. kukulcan May 4, 2017

2. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector May 4, 2017

@tyrantlizardrex done a bit of research on these. He will be the one to ask......

tyrantlizardrex likes this.
  3. Edward53 May 4, 2017

An image search for Omega 167.021 is not difficult to do and will provide you with a clear answer about the hands.

4. tyrantlizardrex May 4, 2017

Cheers for the tag @STANDY :thumbsup:

@kukulcan - first question, you do realise this is a very small watch for a man by modern standards right? The 712 (not 721 as the listing say), is from the era of ultra thin Constellations - it's 33mm across excluding the crown.

The hands look correct.

There are two main versions of this watch, that then came in a variety of metals (steel, gold cap, solid gold, solid gold deluxe), but to keep things simple, there's the version with lume on the hands and hour markers, and the version without.

This watch looks correct for a watch with lume, the markers and hands are right, the dial is marked T Swiss T.

The price is high compared to others that have sold in recent months for £500-£700, but this one does look very good - I'm not sure it's worth what is being asked though, as the market for these is very small.

Peemacgee likes this.
  5. kukulcan May 4, 2017

Awesome, simple and brilliant solution and I would have never thought of it.

6. kukulcan May 4, 2017

Thanks for the warning about size. This will be strictly used when wearing a suit, which is on rare occasions in my case.

£700 and what might turn out to be the accepted offer in us$ might not be too far apart, will give it a try. Thanks!

Edit: oops...I swear I saw a "make offer" button ;)

7. tyrantlizardrex May 4, 2017

If you're bringing it to the UK, or Europe, there's going to be some hefty tax on that, and if it needs a service, you'll be adding £250-£400 depending on where you take it.

Too rich for my pocket... given what else is out there with time an patience. ;)

STANDY likes this.
  8. kukulcan May 4, 2017

Yeah, without the option to make an offer this is far too much. But now I know about the model I can look for more of them (and already found 2 in Germany/Netherlands) :thumbsup:

tyrantlizardrex and STANDY like this.
  9. tyrantlizardrex May 4, 2017

Before handing over any cash, I'd try to find one in a brick and mortar store, or in the hands of another collector - they wear incredibly small, and there are lots more options for wearing under a shirt cuff from the same era.

10. kukulcan May 12, 2017

I checked the size and it is what I wanted (in contrast to my big sports and aviator watches).

So I folded and got me one from the Netherland (not a bargain, but a lot cheaper than the ones from the US).

I am pretty happy as it is a beauty (as far as I can tell) and fully signed. Original alligator strap and buckle are on their way.

omega.jpg
    Vulffi and X350 XJR like this.