Lightning Strikes Five Times - Gold El Primero - G-381

Congrats. Looks great.
To make you even feel better: you didn't win the auction by a margin of $57, in fact it was only $27. I know because I was the runner-up.
Having said this, its painful to know I've pushed a fellow forum member to his max. Sorry...
If only there would be a way to prevent this in future?

So YOU'RE the reason my mortgage payment is late this month. First off, I have to commend your uncanny talent for timepiece valuation. Your very same number came into my head, but then I found myself thinking "what if there is ANOTHER timepiece-valuation genius going after this thing?" and I bumped it up a hair. I must have felt a disturbance in The Force :wink:

The guy who pushed it to $6300 has also checked in with me, so it's a small world indeed.

Well, it stinks to be on either side of the pushed-to-max equation, so my condolences to you as well. I saw that you had demonstrated serious interest in your posts, but perhaps didn't understand just how serious. I'll be sure to check in with you by PM next time you raise the red flag, and please feel free to do the same.

Has anyone tried negotiation with the Italian eBay seller?

Yes, I've been in touch with all of them. I'm not comfortable with getting those pieces into the quality I'm looking for. Cases have quite nasty dents... Unless anyone on this forum knows someone who can do magic on Zenith cases...

I have talked to guy in Italy as think that is a good watch but given last two sales he still wants too much money for it

One of the things I admire about the G381 is the wider dial. The dial of the G581, for instance (of which I am a proud owner), is quite similar out to the edge of the black ring (a decimal ring on the G381, a tachymetre on the G581). To that point, the two dials are the same size. Beyond that, on the G581, is a wide gold bezel. Beyond that on the G381 is a white tachymetre ring and then a narrow gold bezel. The effect of the wider dial/narrower bezel is a larger wrist presence. The G381, in short, wears bigger. As Lou says, it is a lovely reference, and yours, dear 3500, is a fine example indeed - no doubt once worn by Coach Snyder in Manhattan, Kansas! Forget the Jayhawks!