Forums Latest Members
  1. aap Aug 17, 2015

Hi all. Just bought this from Jack Road Japan. Hoping someone can give me more info about it (I.e. History, model). Thanks.

[​IMG]

2. Some Time Ago Aug 18, 2015

Most important is to know if it has a Lemania movement thicking inside. Probably has a Valjoux 7734 from the looks of it. Which makes me wonder if it is a "real" Lemania watch. it dates from the 1980's. Hard to tell what is really is since that period has a lot of watch left overs put out there to minimize costs. The quartz revolution was eating away at the mechanical watches...hard.

3. danomar Aug 19, 2015

It bears the hands commonly used by Lemania, and there have been some two-register manual-wind Lemania movements (they are slightly less common than three-register ones), but I do not remember ever seeing a two-register Lemania with date complication. That does not mean it is not a Lemania, just that I have not seen one like it. The case resembles one used for Tissot's Navigator and a few others. It is an interesting piece, but history on Lemania-branded watches is nearly non-existent, so most Lemaniacs rely on experience—which is not 100% accurate either.

aap likes this.
  4. aap Aug 20, 2015

Thanks @danomar. I also relied on the reputation of the store I bought it from.