Forums Latest Members

Lemania Alfa Romeo Stile Chronograph

1. davy26 Limited comebackability is his main concern. Jan 22, 2021

From my time working for Alfa Romeo Great Britain, I have a chronograph which was a star feature in our 'Stile' accessories range around 1990. The movement is a Lemania 5100. When it stopped working some time ago I tried a few watchmakers, but was told that it was not repairable. I think this was not really a technical judgement, but reflected the fact that being more of a 'fashion watch,' its financial value probably didn't look too clever stacked up against the cost of repair. However, I wanted to gift the watch for sentimental reasons, and tried again recently. After a very poor experience with a watchmaker who kept it for months and achieved nothing except losing a few components, I entrusted it to Ray Davies, WatchGuy, Woodchester, UK. It's now back with me, running nicely and looking good. I'm not only very pleased with the watch, but also with WatchGuy for the business's courtesy and efficiency - a service/repair experience I can only describe as excellent.
    Cropped21-01-21.jpg
    13-01-21a.jpg 13-01-21b.jpg

ken_hodson, ewand and neilfrancis like this.
  2. High Hope Jan 22, 2021

That's a cool story, and since you worked for A-R it makes sense to wear it (I'm puzzled by the Ferrari branded watches, as I imagine that many (most? All?) buyers have never so much as sat in one.)

Of all of the world's automotive logos, A-R wins hands-down. I'm glad to see the company is back in the US.

Joe_A and davy26 like this.
  3. pmitchjr Jan 22, 2021

beautiful watch.. guess what I drive ? lol

davy26 and ewand like this.
  4. Truva1 Dec 18, 2021

I am also an Alfista. I didn’t know that there was a Lemania for Alfa. I have to catch one if I can find but it must be almost impossible.

5. Truva1 Dec 18, 2021

Anyone who wants to sell one of these?

6. Pascal S Jan 10, 2022

I have seen a few of these chronographs over the years, and they are very rare.

Interestingly, it is also one of the very few Lemania 5100 chronographs to display the date between the 20 and 25 markers on the dial. It may not be a prestigious watch in the long list of chronographs powered by this calibre, but it's definitely worth keeping nonetheless.